*****UPDATE*****ACCEL Injectors ?????????????

CNBZ34

2 Questions:

What is the flow rate in the stock Injectors for the 92 Z34? Reason I ask is that I can get ACCEL replacement injectors for a good deal but they offer 24 Lb and 30 Lb. Being that I have a 97 crate engine, i thought that the 30's would benifit the runability but afraid of over fueling.

Second.... Any feed back on ACCEL Injectors?

So, New ACCEL injectors have been ordered, be here next week. Will be stock 21 Lb flowrate. Almost have the plenum removed. Too cold to work in unheated garage next few days. Once plenum is removed, going to take it in and have it tanked to remove gum and varnish inside as well as carbon cleaned from EGR port. Might even get it powdercoated while I'm at it. Car should run awesome when reassembled.

Any suggestions of things to do while I have the plenum removed?

You oughta just go ahead and do the LIM gaskets since you are there... Other than that, just clean the hell outta everything and inspect all wiring, connectors, and vacuum lines and such...

I bought it this way. Unfortunately, when new engine was installed, all accessories from old engine were just removed and re-installed. Install was done very well, but I would have gone the extra step to have had the upper and lwr intake cleaned and a few other things. I suspect that after this, car should run very good with a noticable improvement.

Isn't there a Distributor O-Ring that usually goes bad on the LQ1s? I believe its like 3 bucks and is really easy to do while you are at it.

Actually, the LQ1 has to have the heads ripped off to gain access to it... I read it in a repair manual somewhere

IIRC there are a couple guys on here that have replaced that o-ring without removing the heads.

so what kind of "mods" would make it worth it to run a bigger injector then stock? Obviously you'd need some kind of computer tuning.

Thats about it really, as long the injector isnt longer than factory injectors. But swapping in higher flowing injectors isnt worthwhile unless you are running a power adder IMO.

so what kind of "mods" would make it worth it to run a bigger injector then stock? Obviously you'd need some kind of computer tuning.

I did not buy larger injectors, I bought stock flow rate injectors. 21Lb flow. I wish not to start horsing around with custom tuning of the prom as I don't want to ruin the drivability of the car. That's why I have my '70 ranchero....Old School and easier to mod and tune. This is my commuter for work. Just want it to run as good as it possibly can stock. With the exception of exhaust mods, wheels/tires and brake upgrades this spring...it's stock.

Isn't there a Distributor O-Ring that usually goes bad on the LQ1s? I believe its like 3 bucks and is really easy to do while you are at it.

Actually, the LQ1 has to have the heads ripped off to gain access to it... I read it in a repair manual somewhere

The distributer is on the top of the block. not the heads. Did you mean to say valve covers cause they have to come off for LIM. It can be done without taking off the LIM but its not easy the LIM really gets in the way.

Let me know how those injsctors work out for ya i might have to invest in some. i got a bad mis. I dont know if its a injector or coilpak possible the valve that is starting to go.