wiring compass mirror

Psych0matt

I dont know the wiring on these, but Ive made some guesses. can anyone correct or confirm? I want to wire it up today and see that it all works

Wiring on stock mirror

pink = ? (+)

black = ? (-)

yellow = ?

Compass mirror

pink = ? (+)

black = ? (-)

green = ? (reverse switch)

well, i mostly wanted it for the compass, was never really thriilled about auto dimming, but then again ive never had one that does that, either. i just dont ever use the switch on the old mirror. now i can have a compass with or without autodimming

on the stock mirror

pink = + always hot

black = - ground

yellow = + hot with door open/int. lights on

I haven't been in too many cars with auto dim mirrors but I've never really been crazy about them. If I were to get a mirror with a compass/temp though, I'd have to have map lights.

ok, so I have the black wired to the ground by the stereo, and the red wired into the remote 12v (same as amp turn on) and its not coming on. I tried it also on the constant 12v, and still nothing. is it wired wrong somehow, or did I get a bad one?

ok, so I have the black wired to the ground by the stereo, and the red wired into the remote 12v (same as amp turn on) and its not coming on. I tried it also on the constant 12v, and still nothing. is it wired wrong somehow, or did I get a bad one?

hmm. is your ground good? We powered it up of a battery at the j/y I think.

I think it was a late 90's olds 98. i got the radio from the same car. iirc

I got one from a 97+park avenue too, and from an aurora. yeah I need more.

Hey Matt once you do get it up and goin. dont forget youll need to calibrate it.

below is for an intrigue all are similar but if we knew exactly where the mirror came from....

Document ID# 679834

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compass Calibration Description

Before calibrating the compass, drive the vehicle to a area that is magnetically clean (free of large metallic objects).

Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.

Simultaneously depress and hold both map lamp buttons until a "C" is displayed (approximately 10 seconds).

Release both buttons.

Drive the vehicle in circles at a speed of less than 5 MPH (8 km/h) until the "C" is replaced by a proper vehicle heading. The calibration procedure is now complete.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Document ID# 679834

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue