CARBON FIBER REVEAL MOLDINGS

Miko K

The amount of weight that you are saving and how much you are spending and the amount of time doesnt seem worth it at all. I think that you do a nice job on laying it but thats dort of a ricer thing. I you paint it body color than thats another story but leaving it noticable it going to look gay IMO.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miko K

• 19Cutlass94

• dohc v6

• Euro

I think that you do a nice job on laying it but thats dort of a ricer thing. I you paint it body color than thats another story but leaving it noticable it going to look gay IMO.

x2

Come on man.. not even most ricers think plain CF looks good anymore. It will look awfully out of place on a Cutlass.

You are such a ricer! You even have blacked out blinkers! Shame on you! You're supposed to keep it totaly stock. Cause stock is a good excuse for the lazy man... j/k :lol:

And what the hell is up with spending hours of P&P heads, making intercoolers, adding turbos and cutting out unneeded weight?

Totaly a ricer thing. :ugone2far:

• 2 weeks later...

Mmm, no , I am actually replacing most of the stuff with CF. This gas door is not just covered with CF, it's made out of it. The only stickers are going to be over the door handles and the reveal moldings(which replace the plastic, still lighter) and the climate controls(again replacing the factory stuff). I am kinda shooting 2 birds with 1 bullet - lighter and looking better.

Looking better? I doubt it.

+1 for Miko for having the ambition to do something different and custom for these cars :thumb:

I agree.

Things don't look rice if they fit your theme for the car. That being said, there is a fine line between just right and too much.

Also, you are the one that has to look at it and drive it.

Well, if you want opinions..

Things I really like:

The front clip. It's a custom piece, isn't it?

The powertrain. Who wouldn't?

The hood. Call me a ricer, but I love it, and I've thought about doing something similar with the Regal. :leaving:

Things I need to see on the car before I really make a decision:

The CF headlight switch

The CF HVAC controls

The CF fuel door. It does look a million times better than the chrome one, though.

Things I don't care for at all:

The LED backup bar. It's a good idea, but until you said what it was, I had no idea. It looks like a studded belt :lol:

The rear projectors. I just.. no.

The air scoop. Functional or not, it looks ricey, namely because a lot of ricers have fake ones, which will make people believe this one is too.

But, they're all my opinions, and this car has come a long way from the hood-spoiler days, so I can't wait to see it finished. Keep up the good work, man.

I give him credit just for doing something he wants to do and putting up with peoples bullshit on here.

This I really apreciate! It does feel pretty hostile once in a while :willynilly: 97loudcut wrote: "I love everything but the gas cap.. please god do not let this man have a CF gas cap!"

Well, then when you see my car parked at the mall, just go and rip it off. What can I say??? I do want all the negative comments too guys, keep 'em coming. For example, that LED bar does look like shit, I will see what to do with it. I will either make a new one, you guessed it- out of CF or just leave it like that. About the scoop- here are some new pics, it's not that bad with the air filter inside, plus the sound of the powerstroke turbo coming out of it??? Should be allright.

scooop.jpg

Stp60448-2.jpg

Stp60454.jpg

yeah well its a true cold air for the turbo. Just like the guys that drag with the TT, they have the turbo, with no air filter right out in front of the car for the best air.

I see those sexy wheels peaking!

But you can't see the brakes :lol: And I haven't sandblasted and painted the wheel bearings yet, I just put them on so I can roll the car around when needed.

yeah well its a true cold air for the turbo. Just like the guys that drag with the TT, they have the turbo, with no air filter right out in front of the car for the best air.

no shit i know that...just saying its ugly

whoa, doesnt look nearly as bad as I thought it would, ive only seen the first of the 3 pics before. and what wheels are those? I think I asked you like two years ago what wheels you were running, different ones though

I'm not feelin the scoop. To me it looks more like an after thought. Although I understand its purpose, I intend to put some sort of "scoop" on my car for the CAI, but the scoop I have planned will be out of sight under the car (scooping air into a closed box in the fenderwell)

I can't bash the look of carbon fiber, I still have some of it in my car (for a limited time). At least he didn't just use the stick on vinyls like I did! Gotta give him credit for using the real stuff.

Jamie

whoa, doesnt look nearly as bad as I thought it would, ive only seen the first of the 3 pics before. and what wheels are those? I think I asked you like two years ago what wheels you were running, different ones though

Same ones- MASITALY MGR 17x8 front and 18x8 rear,soon I am buying a wheel spacer kit for the rear, 1.5" thick.

Miko K, keep doing what your doing! Great job man! I like seeing it all come together. Some ppl like custom, some like a little custom, and some like stock. Nothing wrong with doing what you want.

My mom said if you don't have anything nice to say then keep you mouth shut. My dad said if you don't have anything nice to say, but it's funny as hell then tell the world.

At least its not pink nor purple nor turquoise, cause then I would rip on ya.

I'm running my 19"s with 245/45's no problem :dunno: I'd like to get rid of them so I can get smaller ones, so I figured I'd offer you a deal. they were only used for the summer, so maybe 5 or 6 months...

I'm running my 19"s with 245/45's no problem :dunno: I'd like to get rid of them so I can get smaller ones, so I figured I'd offer you a deal. they were only used for the summer, so maybe 5 or 6 months...

I appreciate this man. I found a nice set on eBay that I will buy next week for $62 shipped. It's just one of those things that don't cost much, but I'd rather have new. Like the valve locks that I just put on my heads- my old ones worked fine even with the 105lb Comp Cams springs, but for another $20 I went for Comp Cams valve locks, just for a peace of mind :wink: