CARBON FIBER REVEAL MOLDINGS

Miko K

The reveal moldings on the Cutlass Supreme are about the ugliest piece of exterior trim that GM came up with. I haven't yet seen a single one that is not faded, warped or broken from snow cleaning. They also stick out far enough to make some decent amount of noise at higher speeds. Today I came up with a solution- A piece of genuine carbon fiber, attached with ( of course) genuine 3M double sided backing. With a total thickness of less than 1/16" the piece looks great, weighs almost nothing, does not pick up pine needles, does not come off when you clean the snow off the back window and it is aerodynamic.

Stp60428.jpg

Stp60434.jpg

carbon.jpg

Stp60435.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miko K

• 19Cutlass94

• dohc v6

• Euro

I think it looks great!

And how the hell do you put one on? The ones on mine, right by the trunk lid had popped up about 3/8" and it shows, badly. Ive never been able to get them down ever since!!!

Mine are not faded at all after 17+yrs. Maybe it's just the camera flash, but they seem to visually stick out more than the OEM ones do. Things like that I prefer to be as subtle and invisible as possible.

Mine are not faded at all after 17+yrs. Maybe it's just the camera flash, but they seem to visually stick out more than the OEM ones do. Things like that I prefer to be as subtle and invisible as possible.

I can tell who has been taking care of his car :wink: Mine spent most of its life outside :cry:. It's probably a camera flash, the carbon fiber sticks out 1/16" above the glass, it's like a thick sticker.

offtopic but you did mention in another thread that your getting rid of the big ole wing right... going with a lip spoiler?, i see you have the lip tails already but i still seeing park bench mounting hardware

offtopic but you did mention in another thread that your getting rid of the big ole wing right... going with a lip spoiler?, i see you have the lip tails already but i still seeing park bench mounting hardware

:werd:

One thing at a time, looks like the lip spoiler is in the way of my reverse projector beam lights, I might be looking for a new trunk lid (which I have) before I put the lip spoiler on.

One thing at a time, looks like the lip spoiler is in the way of my reverse projector beam lights, I might be looking for a new trunk lid before I put the lip spoiler on.

what? reverse projector beam lights???

oh, sorry, never comented on the CF.

I like, CF accents, and I like how you did yours. Just keep it tponeddown and dont overuse it, or it will look tacky. IMO.

and HOLY SHIT BIG LIGHTS!!!!!!!! :Yikes_anim: :Yikes_anim:

I think I'm about to overuse it :redface: I have an air scoop that is CF, and also thinking about doing the fender flares and the mirrors with it. Basicaly replace all the black stuff on the exterior with CF-scoop, flares, dood handles, mirrors, reveal moldings, "what used to be the reverse light panel"-which now holds 31 LED's-11 in the center are the 3rd brake light and 10 on each side are running lights that work together with the turn signals.

STP60203.jpg

Like I mentioned before, I built the car after the "tropic zone racing"'s Cutlass Supreme, which has the quick fill gas caps on the trunk. So instead of leaving the holes empty, I put the "tailgaters kill lights" there.

Daytona.08.6.05d.jpg

i think it would be cooler if you put a regular trunk lid back on, and incorporated your rear projectors back into the stock reverse light location. maybe even 2 on each side. but maybe not...just a thought

Well, until the end on january I should have the engine/trans back in the car and it's turbo headers time. Once that is done it's wiring and turbo/intercooler work, interior and once it warms up a bit, probably march, I will start working on the exterior and finishing touches. Shooting for my birthday-april 8th.

I just received my $30 polished blow off valve, damn it's shiny and the quality is unbelievable!

DSC00095.jpg

DSC00096.jpg