• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miko K

• 19Cutlass94

• dohc v6

• Euro

I dont fucking care. Maybe the motor might last if it was properly rebuilt and had the right parts in it. Like all forged everything which you can more than likly get for the 3.8 but I am not sure as I dont have one, but that getrag has no available parts, even if it was upgraded it would only hold maybe 350 max, but as seeing how tim g put that out with just a turbo that motor should be putting out in the rang of close to 400-500 with a super-turbo set up. And it looks to me as if he is honing out the block him self..... Only my opinion though.

warnwarn.gifDick comments in someone else's thread.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,53603.new.html#new

I dont fucking care.

And you don't have to :wink: If it does blow up, I will PM you. I am honing it out myself, as I have done not once or twice, works sweet. I did rebuilt the getrag completely and I don't see what will break in it. Usually the front bearing on the output shaft( which is a roller with a plastic cage) is the weak link, when left without lubrication it heats up enough to ruin the cage and then the rollers come out where the clutch is. Higher oil level and low vicsosity solve the problem nicely. I did replace all of the bearing with brand new SKF bearings, plus all of the seals and did the shims on the diff( I have the getrag rebuild manual-1989 Cutlass Supreme service manual+the Getrag 282 special tools case), so working on it was easy.

I dont fucking care. Maybe the motor might last if it was properly rebuilt and had the right parts in it. Like all forged everything which you can more than likly get for the 3.8 but I am not sure as I dont have one, but that getrag has no available parts, even if it was upgraded it would only hold maybe 350 max, but as seeing how tim g put that out with just a turbo that motor should be putting out in the rang of close to 400-500 with a super-turbo set up. And it looks to me as if he is honing out the block him self..... Only my opinion though.

Honestly dude, you just need to shutup. You are the second most annoying person on the board (first being me). You think you know everything about everything. You get all pissey/whiney when people give negative opinions about your car. You bash on people, you have no idea what your talking about half the time. LISTEN to what people say. You're a spoiled little rich kid and your parents hand you everything. Once you get in the "real world" and you start paying for shit yourself you will understand that it is not as easy as it looks.

He is doing what he can with what he has. I have alot of respect for him. I am sure that he has considered the transmission going out and I am betting that he has taken necassary percautions. Chill out.

ummmm wasn't kuntzie putting something crazy like 400whp through a similar tranny? If I'm not mistaken, his issue was not the tranny, but the 15 axels he went through this season :lol: oh and I think his clutch went too... :willynilly:

Jamie

Here is a thread summary:

Miko had a good idea, something original, and people gave their opinions; everything was fine. Dohc_v6 comes in with his dumb comments, talks out of his ass for a few, gets pwn3d by me.

KTHNX LOCK!

Manual tranny's can handle much more power than one would think. This explains why my dad's hasnt blown up yet. :lol:

Fiero guys use the 282 behind small blocks and they last forever, as long as they use sprung clutches and go easy on the clutching, once you're in gear, it should hold. I will find out where the limit is, my car will go only as quick, as the trans allow it to. I do realize it's rated for 280 :question: ft. lbs. TQ (correct me if I'm wrong), but it's far less complicated than a 4T65E HD(rated 280ft. lbs. TQ), which when built right handles all the torque an L67 can put out.

Not to mention building an auto is much more expensive as well.

But its a little different than when your dropping the clutch from 4k+ with a set of slicks drag racing, as compared to what you were saying.

I dont understand why I am being warned for voicing an opinion on a topic. I have not made a bad/derogatory comment about anybody or anything that has to do with the man's car . I have just voiced my opinion on what will happen if you twin charge a l67. Maybe it came out a little harsh but in no way was I being a dick. If I said " THAT TRANNY REBUILD IS SHIT" then yes that is a totaly different topic , but for me to voice my opinion on something, should not be against the board rules. I do stuff my self, actual pretty much everything my self, I make my own money and pay my own bills. Just because I have money does not mean shit, once you get in the real world you will understand that. I work on my own car constantly, infact I dont let anybody touch my car including my father, so shut the hell up about that. As far as the comment I made, it was in no way directed towards anyones car in particular, but just a general observation. I think you all looked into the comment to much.

Here is a thread summary:

Miko had a good idea, something original, and people gave their opinions; everything was fine. Dohc_v6 comes in with his dumb comments, talks out of his ass for a few, gets pwn3d by me.

imwithpostwhoreip7.gif

anyways, miko that BOV looks pretty sexy!!!

Paint that CF black. I can't stand unpainted CF..

I'll refrain from commenting too much on the rest.. but if you're going for the BTTF DeLorean look, keep tacking stuff on...

And the latest:

ram15000205ux9.jpg

Decided to scrap the idea of the aluminum gas door and went for a more subtle CF one. At least the exterior of the car will be 2002 Porche Red and CF only, no 3rd color or badges.

I love everything but the gas cap.. please god do not let this man have a CF gas cap!

Next- fender flares, door handles, mirrors, the metal piece under the wipers, the plastic pieces around the headlights. Got the CF gauges on the way.

WHAT, WHY!?!

The purpose of real CF is it to be really light and really strong.

Your just putting stickers all over your car. Jesus you thought you got hazed for the hood spoiler.. you ruining this car!

Mmm, no , I am actually replacing most of the stuff with CF. This gas door is not just covered with CF, it's made out of it. The only stickers are going to be over the door handles and the reveal moldings(which replace the plastic, still lighter) and the climate controls(again replacing the factory stuff). I am kinda shooting 2 birds with 1 bullet - lighter and looking better.