UPDATE!!! have a motor

badassoldspower

REPLY: Yes the motor will be boosted using a custom kit built by myself, and a t3 turbo ackuired from a saab, i hope to run 15-20 psi boost!

So the turbo has a T3 exhaust flange, what about specs? Sounds small enough( I have seen Saab turbos and their compressor housings fit into the inlet of mine :lol: ) to really plug up the engine at higher RPMs. Also, you will definetely need bigger injectors ~$250-300, walbro fuel pump $60-100, wideband O2 $200, tuning software $350-500.

Sounds like a fun build. I think I'd definately do a 3400, prolly leave the 3400 intakes on it if it were me, custom turbo cam for it with around .520" lift/225ish duration, P&P'd heads, and then I'd probably get some custom headers made with 1 5/8 primarys. Then I think I'd use a 57 trim TO4E. Throw on a front mount and run like 14-16psi or so. Thats just me though. It would need AT LEAST stock L67 injectors.

Ok, so that turbo i have has endplay, and i dont thinkin puttin that on a fresh motor woulda been smart, i think i will go to a t043 57 trim like dbtk2 said, and omg on the mms pushrods, i need to locate some injectors like i said, i will get to do all my machine work for free since im taking a engine night class at school, and i will be gasket match poting the intakes and heads and polishing them to the best of my abilities, i will use ls6 springs, i forget with seat to use, but i wanna build it right the first time, also anybody know what head gaskets i should use for a boosted motor?

Sounds like a fun build. I think I'd definately do a 3400, prolly leave the 3400 intakes on it if it were me, custom turbo cam for it with around .520" lift/225ish duration, P&P'd heads, and then I'd probably get some custom headers made with 1 5/8 primarys. Then I think I'd use a 57 trim TO4E. Throw on a front mount and run like 14-16psi or so. Thats just me though. It would need AT LEAST stock L67 injectors.

If he makes it so it can rev to 6500 though, a T04B 60-1 would be a better match.............especially at 10-12psi where it's likely to stay at for street use.

Otherwise I agree for the most part (I'd maybe consider 3500 intakes)..............

A 75mm TB is overkill though. Get the billet 65mm if you use a 3500 intake combo and you'll be set...............and as mentioned: Extrude Hone FTW :wink:

gonna put the L67 to shame.

It's cool, but let's not get out of whack here. A boosted STOCK L36 makes around 400WHP @ 16PSI with 42lb injectors. It's hard to catch up with the smaller displacing engine, with even smaller valves( 1.72" IN, 1.47EX). And it's hard to really put the L67, as an engine, to shame when the highest HP L67 dynoes 618WHP... I do respect the 60* V6's for the aluminum heads and common journals, but it will be a lot more expensive to get the same HP levels, as the 3800.

Pfft... Non sense! :lol: j/k, however I'd love to see what number this hybrid will put down when done... If all goes well I'll still have a w-body by the time he's done, so I'll be checking this topic out! :thumb:

gonna put the L67 to shame.

It's cool, but let's not get out of whack here. A boosted STOCK L36 makes around 400WHP @ 16PSI with 42lb injectors. It's hard to catch up with the smaller displacing engine, with even smaller valves( 1.72" IN, 1.47EX). And it's hard to really put the L67, as an engine, to shame when the highest HP L67 dynoes 618WHP... I do respect the 60* V6's for the aluminum heads and common journals, but it will be a lot more expensive to get the same HP levels, as the 3800.

yes I understand that....i was just being sort of sarcastic....

65 is what i mean lol sorry, im gonna shy away from the 3500 intakes and stick to extrude honed 3400 intakes.

Extrude Honed 3400 intakes will be fine too..............but if you stick with the stock TB housing, ~61.5mm is IT (there is no more material to bore).

I've seen a billet 62mm APOC TB adapted to GenIII use though (they were originally for 2.8/3.1's), and there may be other options too.

Be also aware, the stock plenum inlet is only ~58mm though (for the newer style LG8/LA1 IM's.............L82's are 55mm), so going past the limit of the stock TB housing (even once you Extrude Hone stuff) may not be feasable or useful.

I think 60ish mm is ok for boost though...............I know of PLENTY of cars (not necessarily V6's, buit whatever) that make 400+whp with 60mm (or smaller) TB's.

A lot of good ideas out there for the engine build-up, but no one has addressed the trans!!

Im guessing you are going with an AT, so I would at least do a shift kit, external cooler and a higher stall converter. Maybe a lighter flexplate too, this will help with the quick revving.

Awesome thread, keep up the good work! :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...

sounds sweet just thinkin bout it makes me wanna go out and blow up my 3100 and do the same swap...Deffinetly keep the post up and the progress some pics would be sweet too... :cool:

BTW: not trying to jack your thread but real quick someone please explain to me why the 3400 is a better choice then the 3800? :question: My brother is a J-body obsessed freak(but he has a W-body like mine but white) and complains he should of gotten one because they look so much better and thinks there gods or something with the 3400 in them :rolleyes:..Sooner or later he'll realize W-body is where its at

But sorry for the interuption keep up the good work!