Cream for your dashtop?

Q-Ball

I was reading some car paper at work and it was talking about storing your car in the winter and I read that you can put some sort of cream or cleaner on a dashtop to prevent it from cracking. Basically it just put the moisture back in and lets it have that flexibility again. I really want this for my new HUD dash top I got at the wreckers. The one I have now is cracked and looks disgusting. I just want to make sure this one doesnt crack.

anything that's prevent warping lol?? fuck with the amount of warping on my dashpad I'm surprised nothing has cracked yet the way things are pulling back and forth lol..worst part of my whole interior is that stupid dash pad

baby oil.

i use it on my camaro's dashpad about twice a summer. i like to apply it on a REAL hot day so the sun soaks it into the material. it seemed to make a difference on my dashpad. and i'll continue to do that. since i can't afford to replace a cracked dashpad.

Vinylex. One of the best things out there.

I'll give that a go. Available at most auto stores I hope.

anything that's prevent warping lol?? fuck with the amount of warping on my dashpad I'm surprised nothing has cracked yet the way things are pulling back and forth lol..worst part of my whole interior is that stupid dash pad

My dash's dont warp, they just crack. :willynilly:

baby oil.

i use it on my camaro's dashpad about twice a summer. i like to apply it on a REAL hot day so the sun soaks it into the material. it seemed to make a difference on my dashpad. and i'll continue to do that. since i can't afford to replace a cracked dashpad.

Damn, it's already getting -4 here at night. Looks like baby oil is only a summer treatment.

Ive been using that Meguirs vinyl cleaner for a long time now, and its actually the best Ive seen. I only have to put it on my dash maybe once in a couple months, and it cleans everything like brand new.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been using that Meguirs vinyl cleaner for a long time now, and its actually the best Ive seen. I only have to put it on my dash maybe once in a couple months, and it cleans everything like brand new.

Word up to that. Dont use many producte that dont have Barrys last name on them.