vert tops- where to buy

kuntzie

so i think im buying a vert..... for very very cheap,, barely into the 3 digits ;) the guys just has it sitting at his house and wants it gone.

its got the 3.1 MPFI in it and needs a new top as well as motor, but the trans is like new (low mileage reman)

How come sometimes vendors list tops for 92-95 separate from the earlier tops, and other times they are listed all together?

I do not know. i suspect that they are only stating from experience as proper intechange info is lacking.

some places also state 91-95 as the same as well!

• 2 weeks later...

Are 90-95 tops the same?

90 is unknown, 91-95 are the same, based on wht I have seen.

How is the rear window secured to the top? The link below is to an ebay auction for a top, but just by looking at it I would have no idea how to mount/secure the window.

the rear window is a separate part.

the bottom is stapled in place under the back piece with the 3rd brakelight installed.

the upper part of the rear window surrouns has three straps across the top, they go over the back hoop and attach to the second hoop from the rear.

I need to get pics of this ASAP.

the rear window is a separate part.

the bottom is stapled in place under the back piece with the 3rd brakelight installed.

the upper part of the rear window surrouns has three straps across the top, they go over the back hoop and attach to the second hoop from the rear.

I need to get pics of this ASAP.

:D

• 4 weeks later...

Top pads go between the convertible frame and the top itself.

I don't know what the other thing is.

If doing it yourself get the whole kit, cables and new pads and all.

What are the "top pads" and what is the "quarter section headliner"?

http://www.convertibletopguys.com/cgi-local/displaycat.cgi?cat=501

Quarter section headliner is the piece that goes between the back glass and the side glass. Remember these cars come with full headliners.

Are you saying that there is no use for the quarter headliner? Or does it go in the back corner and cover the metal parts of the top?

What are the top pads?

Top pads go between the convertible frame and the top itself.

the headliner is multiparted...

a main headliner interior colored piece, with quarter panel pieces being the drapped one covering the mechanism on both sides of the rear.

buying a "curtain" with a plastic window and substituting s glass window for it may prove imposible... remeber they may have cut it differently.