Winter care

THe_DeTAiL3R

i still love it when they salt the dry roads that have no precipitation on them around here

:bash:

I love the sound of salt clunking in your wheel wells and pinging off your exhuast :bonk:

winter prep for me is-

good coat of wax

tire shine (keeps from dry-roting tires)

big truck floormats. look llike hell but my interior is nice and dont want it to look like crap. :wink:

Put spray ohn, let dry tire shine in the wheelwells if they're plastic. Slippery, salt and dirt dont really stick

Ducktape over existing rust. Dint want it getting worse. :wink:

Mudflapes would work, but I have brand new ones to go on in the summer. Say regal and everything. :willynilly: :lol:

I put in 10w30 motor oil for low temp operation, and put in antifreze in the rad, and rainx in the washer fluid.

my list. Darn the regal is a great winter beater. :burnout:

i just dont se why u would spend all the time to remove hood fender grile off of ur car that sounds like a big pain in the ass just to protect ur paint, maybe u should get a winter beater if u car about the paint that much

i still love it when they salt the dry roads that have no precipitation on them around here

:bash:

lol....I like the lack of salt usage around here....we're more into gravel usage so your car gets sand blasted all winter....we salt the freeway and nothing else around here...and in spring the pavement is totally white haha

"Buy a winter beater!?"

For a number of us, our Ws qualify as beaters already, so what should we do - buy a Ford to drive around?

:werd: I don't even consider my GP as a "good" car to begin with. It just needs to last as long as possible on my budget. In a couple years hopefully I'll be able to afford something with an LS1/LT1 and then my GP will be strickly winter beater :lol:

"Buy a winter beater!?"

For a number of us, our Ws qualify as beaters already, so what should we do - buy a Ford to drive around?

:werd: I don't even consider my GP as a "good" car to begin with. It just needs to last as long as possible on my budget. In a couple years hopefully I'll be able to afford something

:werd: x2....although for me probably for just a few more months *crosses fingers*

I'm driving my W till she takes a huge shit and dies..then I'll crush it

I shall do the same...except when my good old 3.1 kicks the can, I'm going out hunting for a L32 swap... :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

i happen to have been lucky enough to have some extra cash and to have found a good deal. my car is better suited for summer, though. if it wasnt a convertible I probably wouldnt care enough about driving it in the snow

My Winter Care is moving the fuck out of Michigan.

:lol: That'd be a good start. then move to texas.

we only do sand around here. we don't usually have enough icy roads to warrant salt, not to mention our State road sanding crews are pretty small.