Cutty Vert STB

GrandAmSE

I was at the junk yard today and did I see a cutty vert. The hood latch was busted so I had to cut around it. But long stories short I have a new STB. What it supposed to do? I cant really feel a difference.

on a convertable it is suppsed to make the vert stiffer. since you have it in a hardtop, which is much stiffer than a vert, the effect is minimal. I would describe it as helping prevent body flex during hard cornering.

It makes a big difference, I've noticed. In turns, there is much less front end body roll.

x2

i just gotta get the rear one now as it feels like a loose canon back there (comparably)

• 4 weeks later...

it made the front end of my car feel alot more solid, if you can't notice a adifference i might sugest that your front struts are shot.

I noticed a huge difference, and my front struts are garbage :lol:

it made the front end of my car feel alot more solid, if you can't notice a adifference i might sugest that your front struts are shot.

I noticed a huge difference, and my front struts are garbage :lol:

well not quite the same, he is talking about on a sedan and not a vert.

besides... without the STB on, did you have regular plates on or were caps not even bolted on? and even if you stuck the nuts onto the studs, without the caps, the struts would be disabled because nothing prevents them from coming up out of place until the hood stops them, a potential 2 inches of play... That more than anything may have made your ride handle like $%!#.

sorry! I accidentally opened you post to edit! my bad! :redface:

But mid '92 intro is incorrect for the 3.4 bar and you may know Ken, as mine has the 3.1 bar and made well after midyear. :thumb:

ok sometime during late 92??? hmmm I need to get in my 92 vert. Where the hell are the keys? I don't know it's date yet.

update, my 92 vert was made 07/92 and has the ROUND bar. I am incorrect!

so.............. keep your eyes open for 93 3.1 cars with a round bar, and 92 cars with a square bar.

my bad yall!