Forget your TheftLoc code?

supreme_style21

This tutorial was made for the Delco-Loc II systems. IIRC, Theftlock uses 3 digits. Delco-Loc II used 4. Even if that code was active, it wouldn't work for the newer Delco/Delphi Theftlock radios.

So what years got those radios? All I know is this number and codes worked fine for my '94, a '97, and a '99.

Okay, okay got too far ahead of myself. It can vary by make:

Delco Loc II/Theftlock (95-Present) can be 3 or 4 digits depending on make.

Delco-Loc II (90-95) is 4 digits regardless of make.

Delco-Loc I (88-92) is unlocked by simply hooking the radio up, starting the engine, turning the lights on and allowing it to communicate with the steering wheel pad.

Delco-Loc I (86-88) requires steering wheel controls and is unlocked by depressing "Mute" for 10 seconds.

Soooo there we go.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping you can help me. I have gotten the six digit code, but when I called the number, the 1-800-537-5140, I couldn't get the codes. The six digits are 422426. If somebody can help, I would greatly appreciate it. It's a 99 Pontiac Grand AM SE and it's just the basic factory installed radio (just cassette, no CD player). Thanks!!!

I'm hoping you can help me. I have gotten the six digit code, but when I called the number, the 1-800-537-5140, I couldn't get the codes. The six digits are 422426. If somebody can help, I would greatly appreciate it. It's a 99 Pontiac Grand AM SE and it's just the basic factory installed radio (just cassette, no CD player). Thanks!!!

called and it worked for me ....your code is 1064

Thanks so much. I just went downstairs and it worked!!! My car was stolen and sat abandoned for about a month. When I got it back yesterday the battery was dead and the radio was locked.

Thanks so much. I just went downstairs and it worked!!! My car was stolen and sat abandoned for about a month. When I got it back yesterday the battery was dead and the radio was locked.

no problem, and welcome to the board....

no problem, and welcome to the board....

What number do you use as the PIN code??? I've tried the original number, but it said the particular GM Dealership changed the code.

Hey guys,

I went ahead and installed the radio on my beat up everyday driver, Honda Civic cause I desperately needed some tunes!

I was afraid that the lock might be on since when my cousin bought his car, he yanked it out and installed a new stereo and I wasn't sure if he deactivated it.

Anyway, It is now installed and it turned on no problem. It wasn't locked.

Should I try to make my own locking code?

Should I just leave it alone?

Can I make my own code incase of it activating the lock further down the road?

How can I do this?

Will it stay un-locked even if I disconnect the battery?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Tony

You installed a TheftLoc radio in a Civic?! I didn't know that was possible...

Anyway, you can create your own code. I don't.. nobody steals a stock radio. If you do put a code in, then end up disconnecting the battery, it'll lock.

You installed a TheftLoc radio in a Civic?! I didn't know that was possible...

Yeah, I needed some jams and I had this radio in my closet from a long time ago... It works great.

If you do put a code in, then end up disconnecting the battery, it'll lock.

So what you're saying is that if I leave it alone, there is NO WAY that the radio can accidentally lock by itself for ANY REASON, right?

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, I have a 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix and recieved a CD player for it. The player is LOC and I obtained the 6 digit code and then called the number and recieved my 4 digit code which was 0711. Now, my question is... How would I enter 0711 into the radio, the 0 is what is throwing me off. Can anyone please help me?? Thanks... Micah

I purchased the radio at the junk yard and didn't think the theftlock was activated. The GM garage wants me to go and get the vin off of the car and then pay them like 50 bucks to get the code. I already got the code and it is 0711 but when I try to enter the code, how would I input 0711, If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appriciate it. Thanks... Micah

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the input on the instructions to do the code, but my problem is that is it possible to enter 0711 (which is my code) into the Pontiac CD player, if you go into the 1000's I don't think it is possible to enter 0711, or should i just enter 711 as the code??? Can anyone please help me out??? Thanks... Micah

from what I remember, the first 2 digits are selected at the same time ie instead of scrolling 0-9 you scroll 00-99 so I think it's possible. The remaining 2 numbers are scrolled individually.

The pontiac cd player is from 1996 with the 7 band equalizer on it. When I called the number that was posted on the site at the beginning, the voice on the phone told me that the code was 0711. So I am not sure to take that as inputting a 4 digit code or if the 0 from the 0711 isn't suppost to be inserted. Anyone have any input on what I should do?? Please help out.. Thanks everyone! Micah