Forget your TheftLoc code?

supreme_style21

Stop letting the GM dealers charge you $50-$60 or more to do this procedure that a five year old could do in less than five minutes! Here you go:

1. Press and hold presets 2 and 3 for about 5 to 10 seconds until you

get 3 digits on your display. This is the first 3 of 6 digits you will

need, so write 'em down.

2. After doing step one and writing down the code, immediately press the

AM/FM button to get the last 3 of the 6 numbers you'll need, and write

'em down. (if you wait too long between steps 1 and 2 and the LOC code

displays again, just start over).

3. Call this number, it's a prerecorded message, so don't worry about

having to talk to anyone...1-800-537-5140. The voice will ask if you're

calling for Chevy, Pontiac, Cadillac, etc... When you here,

press the number of your choice, followed by 02107 and hit the # key. He'll ask you

for the 6 digit code that you've written down. Enter that and press the

* key. He will then give you a code, and the option to get additional 4

digit codes, but one should be sufficient.

4. Follow the normal procedure in your owners manual for unlocking the

radio with your new code...press the hour set button on your radio until

you get the first two numbers of the code, then press the minute set

button until you've entered the last two numbers. Immediately press the

AM/FM button once the correct code is entered and the code SEC or

"secured" will be displayed on the display screen. Now, just turn the

radio on, and your ready to roll.

There is an additional step you can take to remove all codes from the

radio and start from scratch by entering your own personalized 4 digit

code so that it won't get you in a pickle again! Just repeat step 4 and

you should get a display screen that reads ---. This means the code is

out, and you can now program your own code. Of course, once you receive

the 4 digit code from the GM recorded message, just keep it in a safe

place, because you can use that same code again and again should you

have any more problems with it in the future.

Wow, great info! What years will this work with, any idea?

Don't quite remember.. I would assume that it would work with all TheftLoc radios.. I'll see if I can find out for sure.

that is really cool! where did ya get that information from?? you could almost post that on eBay cuz i know people want that information! :lol:

I do love money! I wish I could remember who I got it from.. some credit is due.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I have a 2001 factory cd player in my 2000 cavalier. I tried your info on getting it unlocked but cannot get nothing to work. I hold down the 2 and 3 button but nothing happens. Anything else that you can suggest?

Thanks,

Misty

Hi,

I have a 2001 factory cd player in my 2000 cavalier. I tried your info on getting it unlocked but cannot get nothing to work. I hold down the 2 and 3 button but nothing happens. Anything else that you can suggest?

Thanks,

Misty

How long did you hold them down? I think when I first got this info, I locked mine and tried it out. If I remember right, I had to hold them down for a looong ass time before something came up. Just to be safe, count to 15 slowly while holding the 2 & 3 down. The Cavalier radio is quite a different design from the ones I know these instructions work with, so if it doesn't work, then I'm out of ideas.. perhaps some of the other guys here may know.

I held down the 2 and 3 button till my fingers turned blue and still nothing but Loc!! Thanks for all your help. I guess I will be making a trip to the dealer tomorrow and paying some money out!!!

Thanks for your help. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Other websites that I have looked at said to hold 2 and 3 down also. I cannot get it to do anything but display LOC!! Oh Well!!

Yeah I think you're just going to have to sell the car and buy mine off me :)

No.. The Cavalier radio's must have a different setup than the ones we have in our cars.. I know they look quite a bit different.

Hey Misty-

Your Cavalier has the new style Delphi radio (double-din) and it does not have the traditional Theftlock system.. yours works by communicating with your cars BCM (Body Control Module) to read the VIN number and see if it matches. On those new radios, you not only have to make sure you have a compatible one (they may look the same but there are different part numbers for different models etc because of the BCMs), you also have to take your car to the dealership now and have them hook up the Tech 2 scanner and reactivate/activate your radio so that it recognizes your VIN. I went through all of this when I upgraded the radio in my 03 S-10. It wasn't fun.

• 1 month later...
4. Follow the normal procedure in your owners manual for unlocking the

radio with your new code...

I don't have the manual... :oops: Can anyone tell me what the normal procedure is?

If you plan on calling that number.. don't bother. The PIN number has long since expired.

But here is how to unlock if you know the code.. straight from the manual:

LOC is displayed on the screen..

Press 'MIN' and '000' will appear on the display.

Press the 'MIN' button again to make the last two digits agree with your code.

Press the 'HR' button to make the first one or two digits agree with your code.

After you have confirmed that the code in the display matches the secret code you have written down, press 'AM/FM'. 'SEC' will appear on the display indicating that the radio is now operable and secure.

If the code entered to unlock 'THEFTLOCK' is incorrect, the radio will remain locked. After eight unsuccessful attempts to unlock the radio, the display will show 'InOP' (inoperative)

If you plan on calling that number.. don't bother. The PIN number has long since expired.

I just called the number and the PIN still works, gotta be operator error :?

Oh really... Well I remember back when that girl was trying to get the one in her Cavalier to work.. she said the PIN number didn't work. So I called it, entered the PIN (numerous times) and it always said that PIN had expired and/or been changed by the dealership.

This tutorial was made for the Delco-Loc II systems. IIRC, Theftlock uses 3 digits. Delco-Loc II used 4. Even if that code was active, it wouldn't work for the newer Delco/Delphi Theftlock radios.

This tutorial was made for the Delco-Loc II systems. IIRC, Theftlock uses 3 digits. Delco-Loc II used 4. Even if that code was active, it wouldn't work for the newer Delco/Delphi Theftlock radios.

Theftlock will either give you a four or six digit code that you need to enter and then they will inturn give you the four digit unlock code..