Blue / Red on Interior?

runt

Found THIS on eBay. Actually, I have seen them a few times. I don't like the gauges that light up fully like 97Loudcut is selling (used to be Jeremy's I think). I have a Carbon Fiber bezel that I'm going to be putting around it if I were to get it. Otherwise I'm thinking I'm gonna just get a white face with red letters.

Anyway...what do you guys think? Would a blue like this match with the rest of the interior being red? I'd LOVE to make everything in the car blue, but I don't think that'll ever happen. I guess I'm looking for a "yay" or "nay" on this one...

Meh... I've never been a fan of guage overlays or anything like that.

i mostly agree. sometimes they can look good, but i think its better when just the circles are white or whatever (which the bezel helps). I say swap in a UB3!

i mostly agree. sometimes they can look good, but i think its better when just the circles are white or whatever (which the bezel helps). I say swap in a UB3!

Unless they started making UB3 for 97 and up..... :lol:

Naw, I dunno. I might just tear open my stock cluster and throw in the bezel I have. I know when it comes down to it, I'll never put gauges in the car.

i say don't do it...the overlay i put on my cutlass was the biggest POS ever!...fucking needles kept sticking...i had to fix it about 2 times a year...winter & summer...it's just a pain in the ass and not worth the bother...a bezel would look nice around your stock gauges though!

i say don't do it...the overlay i put on my cutlass was the biggest POS ever!...fucking needles kept sticking...i had to fix it about 2 times a year...winter & summer...it's just a pain in the ass and not worth the bother...a bezel would look nice around your stock gauges though!

Yeah, it HAS to work like stock or better for me to be happy with anything I do to the car. I don't half ass it. And really, even if I do White/Red the rest of the car isn't White so it wouldn't match. I think I might do the interior in carbon fiber though...

Yeah, it HAS to work like stock or better for me to be happy with anything I do to the car. I don't half ass it. And really, even if I do White/Red the rest of the car isn't White so it wouldn't match. I think I might do the interior in carbon fiber though...

i think im goin carbon fiber aswell

Alright. See, this is why I post this shit here. That way I don't jump on something when I know I really don't want it, but something inside is like "SPEND MONEY, but not too much"

I think I'm gonna tear down the dash, put the carbon fiber bezel in and then order some more stuff for inside. WHy not. I might also see how hard it is to re-wire for the upgraded DIC.

i say throw a pillar pod in there with a couple more gauges...or maybe add the heated seat feature to the passenger side!

I don't gots leather, so that might start a fire. No, I'm not adding leather either. :lol:

I'd love to throw a pillar pod in there, but I don't really have the "know-how" to hook them up properly.

i say throw a pillar pod in there with a couple more gauges...or maybe add the heated seat feature to the passenger side!

I don't gots leather, so that might start a fire. No, I'm not adding leather either. :lol:

I'd love to throw a pillar pod in there, but I don't really have the "know-how" to hook them up properly.

they are really easy to hook up!...if you decide to do it, let me know and i can give you the info & a write-up from clubgp...

Ok, so what type of gauges would you hook up in the car then? Mind you I have GT, so I don't need boost. Probably Voltmeter for sure...unsure what else.

And, where did you get your pod? Pretty easy install for the pod itself? Boy I'm just full of questions.

Ok, so what type of gauges would you hook up in the car then? Mind you I have GT, so I don't need boost. Probably Voltmeter for sure...unsure what else.

And, where did you get your pod? Pretty easy install for the pod itself? Boy I'm just full of questions.

OIL PSI, TRANS TEMP, VOLTS...the pod came from PFYC.com ...my pod is a POS, IMO...but, the pod for your car should be much better...remember, i have the 03 and it takes a special pod for that year the fits over the stock pod...the pod for your car is a whole new pillar trim piece...so you just take yours off, and put the new pod on...the only real work required is drilling a couple small holes in the pillar to mount it...just be careful when u do that and don't drill all the way through to the outside...lol...