WTF I feel like a n00b

kuntzie

ok so im hving a serius issue with my transmission.... the uninstall that is... im doing everything the same way i usually do (last tranny install, and numerous tranny pulls from junk yards/ j-bodies

anyways... i know how the release bearing works and all but the ***************** transmission wont come apart from the god damn motor, like it twists and everythng, comes out tlike a 1.2" all aound and gets stuck and wont come out anymore

not to mention the fucking snow just started to come down quickly.

help a broher out with what im doing wrong/ anyway i can break the trans loos from the clutch disc

did you remove all parts of the access plate that protect the clutch? is the starter in the way?

ya they are all removed, the starter is still in but has never caused me problems before

Try putting a jack under the trans and tilt the engine a bit more.

tried that, tried shiftign the motor, tired shifting the tranny, tried 4 pry bars at one, its just not working

Did you pull the slave cylinder off/ and or the plastic boot to remove the rod that attaches to the TO bearning.

Lift up on that and you should be good.

Did you pull the slave cylinder off/ and or the plastic boot to remove the rod that attaches to the TO bearning.

Lift up on that and you should be good.

ya i did that, it still wont come apart,

Ever get it apart?

ya i did today, found a hole in the tranny asweel, my clutch is indeed fucked though too.the whole reason why the trans wouldnt come out.... the splines on the clutch, they came apart from the disc itself, which explains everything, and the occassional slipping of the clutch when not punching it. the clutch is like heat cracked and shit, and its only got under 2800 miles on it :( hopefully with a new clutch my car wont break axles anymore (like only the last 1000 miles i had problems with axles)