'95 Grand Prix Rearview Mirror

dalejw3

Hey, My brother has a 95 Grand Prix, and the rearview mirror fell off, but we cant figure out how to get at the set screw to get the button out of the mirror, there is a metal cover over where the set screw should be....I dont want to just pop off the metal part if im not supposed too, dont want to wreck his car :confused: What do you guys think...I searched and found nothing.....

Actually, all you have to do is stick a flathead screwdriver between the plug and the base of the mirror. There's a metal tab that you push away from it that holds it in place.

You have to stick it through from the bottom. Basically you kind of have to lay on your back on the dashboard if you want to see where you need to put it, but if it's not on the window, all you have to do is that.

Actually, all you have to do is stick a flathead screwdriver between the plug and the base of the mirror. There's a metal tab that you push away from it that holds it in place.

You have to stick it through from the bottom. Basically you kind of have to lay on your back on the dashboard if you want to see where you need to put it, but if it's not on the window, all you have to do is that.

Thanks...not used to those crazy pontiacs :wink: .....mine just has a set screw... I guess i hadn't looked at it real closely...but thanks.

*edit* that was harder than expected, bet its been 10 years since its been off....