• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 97loudcut

• Euro

• terryk2003

• 19Cutlass94

well i know one thing.... i get warned to watch my "messing" up of the 60' section as i have HORRIBLE spinning at all the track i have been too.and it is still sticky as hell.

all i do when im there.

street tires.

19 psi in the tires (seems to work best for me)

i spin the tires on my 2nd run if need to warm them up wen they get hot the absorb te glue and make your tires a little sticker........ So i for one say yes burouts do help for me, but for like a 15+ sec car, no there is no point

also you will probly run a 16.8

motor mounts, intake, hi flow cat, "exhuast," and possible UD pulley

:rolleyes:

my point still stands.....none of that will give you any noticeable gains, and isnt your intake a WAI?

All of those will really give you nothing. The only thing that I can see helping you is the motor mounts when you launch off the line cause the engine wont 'rock back'

And when you say possible UD pulley, Im taking it you dont have it on yet.

Full stall on your car is ~2700rpm IIRC..............make sure you use ALL of it.

This will likely result in a little too much wheelspin to start with, but just begin lowering your air prssure (24-26psi *usually* works best for most all season radials), until you get the best combo of controlled wheelspin and foward motion (in other words, what gets the best 60ft times).

Also, be sure to manually hold 2nd gear.

L82/4T60-E cars usually shift 2-3 at 5500rpm or so, which is just shy of 80mph...............try holding 2nd manually through the traps as you'll likely only be a little over 80mph anyway.

If, however, you hit the rev limiter or trap higher than 82-83ish, you WILL want to go to 3rd gear, but don't do it until 5700-5800rpm (depends whether your UDP is installed by then or not).............the extra 200-300rpm IS beneficial (GM played it safe on the shiftpoints, so they aren't ideal).

well my RPM's gauge doest work to good (sticky) so Ill take my first run and see if it shifts to 3rd and when it does to be able to tell if I can hold 2nd gear out till the end.

Thank you..I always launch around 2500-3000 when I race

when i took it down the track i didnt need to shift into third. I had it in 2nd front start to finish, it shifted to 3rd right after i passed the finish line, so i think you'll be fine having it in 2nd.