zzp pcm , 97 gtp

KrazyCutlass1995

i recently orderd a pcm from zzp performance and i installed and engine light flashes , i was thinking i need a case learn but some site said the 97's did not require a case learn ....that it was stored on the little chip inside the pcm , i switched the chip out of old pcm and still get same crap .... umm any ideas??? :willynilly:

i'm running the ZZP PCM, but its gonna go SOON!...not happy with it @ all...and, i dunno what the deal is with yours...do you have any other mods besides teh PCM?...like an aftermarket cam or something?...does it run fine?...seems like a flashing check engine light usually indicates a misfire condition...and i know aftermarket cams tend to set misfire codes...i know the '97's were quite a bit different then other years though...so, not sure exactly whats going on there...did u try posting on clubgp?

well went to have case learn , wasted $30 on it cuz the fuel injector driver circuit was showing up bad in the pcm ... so i got a bad pcm from zzp .... sending my stock 1 in for reprogramming so now i have no car to drive untill i get mine back :cry:

I don't know about you guys, but I've meet Zoomer who runs ZZP. Also, my buddy lives like 20 minutes from there shop. I've never heard any problems with their products.

Now, yesterday my buddy got his DHP PCM tuned there, and he told me he got a bunch of codes, which the guys at ZZP said is normal for a '97 since they are different in every way form the later years.

I mean eventually someone is going to have a problem with something when you run a business. Just contact them and I'm sure they will help you.

I think the standard customer service email is handled by his wife? Whoever it is will take forever to respond if at all. I got an email from her AFTER I came to a resolution by dealing directly with zoomer. Too little too late, there.

I think the standard customer service email is handled by his wife? Whoever it is will take forever to respond if at all. I got an email from her AFTER I came to a resolution by dealing directly with zoomer. Too little too late, there.

Like I said I don't know much about how the business is ran because I don't have a L67 car, but if thats the case I don't blame you.

What where you getting done?

yea i was thinking about getting a dhp , now i know why i shouldive lol , so now im outta a car untill they get my stock pcm back to me , shoudent have sold my 95 cutty :( , so yall saying zzp is bad to buy from? im new to the l67 scene so i dont know whos the best vendor , thanks guys =)

I had bought their front STB brackets that weren't even close to fitting right. Whether or not they fixed the design is beyond me. I've bought a couple other parts with no issues yet. I would just see what they say in response to your problem.

yea i was thinking about getting a dhp , now i know why i shouldive lol , so now im outta a car untill they get my stock pcm back to me , shoudent have sold my 95 cutty :( , so yall saying zzp is bad to buy from? im new to the l67 scene so i dont know whos the best vendor , thanks guys =)

i'm not in ANY WAY saying ZZP is bad to buy from!...in fact, i have a few of their parts, and love them!...the only thing i'm not @ all satisfied with is the PCM, but of course, the PCM will vary a lil depending on your car...the best way to solve my problems woulda been a dyno tune...problem is, i emailed them and they are not currently doing dyno tuning..WTF!?...soo, i emailed INTENSE, and i'm having an INTENSE PCM installed next tuesday and then its going to the dyno for tuning!...soo, yeah, basically i'm not saying ZZP is bad, i will deffinatly buy from them in the future..all i was stating is that when you have a problem, its best to email zooomer himself!

and, as far as good & bad vendors go...so far i've had experiance with both ZZP & INTENSE, and have not had too much problems with either, other than the fact that the ZZP PCM is not right...i don't feel like sending it back to them, so i'm just getting rid of it...the guys are INTENSE are really great though, i've been emailing back and forth with scott cook about the dyno tuning and he send fast & detailed replies back to me and answers every question i ask!...

see that would piss me off to no end if I spent $ on a PCM from them and it's no good. I'd at least try and get your money back from that.

like i said, i could probably send it back to ZZP and have some tweaks done to it...BUT, without them actually having the car and driving it, i'd be wothless IMO...and, i don't feel like driving 4hrs to have this fixed when i can drive 1 1/2 hrs down to INTENSE and have them dyno tune it...i COULD have this PCM tuned, but it'd be more expensive than it would to just have it reflashed by INTENSE and dyno tuned...

and, FWIW: if you're wondering what the problem is with my PCM, well, let me explain...the other day i was @ a traffic light and realized i was in the wrong lane (2 lanes turned, but i needed to be in the other lane to go where i wanted to go)...soo, i take off around the corner easy, then when i got straight (about 20mph) i floored it...the car never downshifted...slowly accelerated up to about 40mph, and THEN proceeded to downshift...like WTF!?...also, i'm having some KR issues and running a STOCK pulley...that should NOT be happening with my mods...ohh...and when you slow down, it downshifts hard as hell...like, when ur trying to stop and it downshifts, it wants to keep pulling the car...

lol at intense tuning pcm's. Hope your car don't blow after they get it terry.

LOL @ your lack of knowledge about intense tuning PCM's... :rolleyes:

Yup that's it...

have you personally had one!?...did your car blow up!? :rolleyes: ...the problem they were having was mainly on the 04+ and it was due to the lack of knowledge about the Gen 5 being more efficient and the fact that GM put smaller injectors on those cars...more air + smaller injectors = BOOM!

Yup that's it...

have you personally had one!?...did your car blow up!? :rolleyes: ...the problem they were having was mainly on the 04+ and it was due to the lack of knowledge about the Gen 5 being more efficient and the fact that GM put smaller injectors on those cars...more air + smaller injectors = BOOM!

Nope but reading about all the ones that blew sure as hell ain't going to make me want one. And if you read DHP waited until they had all the kinks worked out in the 04+ until they released their pcm's. Like I said it's your car so whatever.

Yup that's it...

Nope but reading about all the ones that blew sure as hell ain't going to make me want one. And if you read DHP waited until they had all the kinks worked out in the 04+ until they released their pcm's. Like I said it's your car so whatever.

I agree with sl3196 a buddy of mines had an intense PCM on his 97 GTP and for their standard pcm the timing was way too high causing alot of kr,he turned it in for a DHP and has never been happier.I'm not bashing Intense just warning you guys that most of their R&D will be done on YOUR cars.

Yup that's it...

I agree with sl3196 a buddy of mines had an intense PCM on his 97 GTP and for their standard pcm the timing was way too high causing alot of kr,he turned it in for a DHP and has never been happier.I'm not bashing Intense just warning you guys that most of their R&D will be done on YOUR cars.

i don't think timing is going to be an issue...as they will be DYNO TUNING it...so, its not gonna be their standard PCM...

they stopped selling their PCMs with advanced timing well over a year and a half ago. (by default, i believe you can still request more if you want)

thank you john...i'm getting killed in this thread!!!:willynilly: