Woot! New tires!

BCM

They are P225/60R16BW 97T Goodyear Eagle's, the same kind of tires that were on the car before, but what is the speed rating on those. My old ones werre H rated and on the window sticker where it says i have the autobahn pkg. it says : P225/6016 H rated tires. So would the new ones be the same?

edit: figured out that T at the end is the rating and is at 118 mph, damnit. the old ones could handle 130.

and btw my dad took it and did everything, and i didnt ask for it.....

What kind of Eagles? Where did you get them?

Goodyear American Eagle, and I got them at wal-mart :lol:

The total for everything was $421.80

edit, and my old ones were Goodyear Eagle RSA's.

I work at Wal-Mart. FWIW: The tires Wal-Mart have are Wal-Mart only tires. They pay the patents fee so they don't have to pay for other tires.

I'm suprised you could find those, my Wal-Mart mostly carries the American Eagle H2's which is a H-rated tire. We don't have much in the regular American Eagles. Did he get the warranty? From the guys I work with they say alot of people come back complaining those tires wear out alot. I've yet to see any.

What kind of Eagles? Where did you get them?

Goodyear American Eagle, and I got them at wal-mart :lol:

The total for everything was $421.80

edit, and my old ones were Goodyear Eagle RSA's.

I work at Wal-Mart. FWIW: The tires Wal-Mart have are Wal-Mart only tires. They pay the patents fee so they don't have to pay for other tires.

I'm suprised you could find those, my Wal-Mart mostly carries the American Eagle H2's which is a H-rated tire. We don't have much in the regular American Eagles. Did he get the warranty? From the guys I work with they say alot of people come back complaining those tires wear out alot. I've yet to see any.

I don't see anything about a warranty on the paperwork(my dad is the cheapest person ever lol), but they did misspell my last name, they put Mertin, its Martin :lol:

and on the odometer they put, 6666......

who cares if they are not H rated. Your not going to go that fast anyway.

doesnt matter, it could fuck with the handling of the car

when i worked for sams club, they sent us to a michelin seminar, and we drove two identical cars, one had H (the min) and the other was either S or T, same size tire, same brand tire, exact same except for speed rating, and it made a huge difference. We were not allowed to put a lower speed rated tire on cars, and I still hold to that (for myself at least)

who cares if they are not H rated. Your not going to go that fast anyway.

doesnt matter, it could fuck with the handling of the car

x2.

You fucks got to go to a seminar?! WTF.

Guest TurboSedan

when i bought my BFG Traction TAs last month i chose the T-rated version over the H and V-rated Traction TAs because the treadlife was longer on the T-rated tire and of course, they were cheaper. i spent $315 on the tires and another $50 to have them mounted & balanced.

if i'm going to spend more money on a performance tire they will be for a 17" wheel.

when i bought my BFG Traction TAs last month i chose the T-rated version over the H and V-rated Traction TAs because the treadlife was longer on the T-rated tire and of course, they were cheaper. i spent $315 on the tires and another $50 to have them mounted & balanced.

if i'm going to spend more money on a performance tire they will be for a 17" wheel.

What kind of traction T/A's?

They are literally just Traction T/A's + the speed rating...my mom has them on her 97 GP GT and my Sister has them on her 94 CS 3100, and they both love them...its a great all around tire...and my mom no longer gets stuck in the driveway in the winter

Ok now for the comparison

Before: :lol:

Picture004-resize.jpg

and after :mrgreen:

Picture009-3.jpg

The tires handle great, went through a twisty onramp goin 50 and no problem at all, actually felt like i was goin 30. My old tires probly could of handled that but most likely not as well. and the ride is quieter too. :thumb:

and sorry about postin this in the wrong section, I tried lookin for this section but i for some reason didnt see it, i must be blind lol.

Speed rating isn't worth much if the tire itself has a crappy design or composition. That said, in my opinion, there are so many more tires better than the stock RS/A's on practically every damned sedan GM was pumping out. They just aren't worth the price being asked for them.

The speed rating should be stamped on the sidewall of the tire somewhere.

Speed rating isn't worth much if the tire itself has a crappy design or composition. That said, in my opinion, there are so many more tires better than the stock RS/A's on practically every damned sedan GM was pumping out. They just aren't worth the price being asked for them.

The speed rating should be stamped on the sidewall of the tire somewhere.

RS-A's suck but LSs' are 10x worse.

I can count about 15 LS's that have had blowouts at work. I mean serious blow outs. Like nothing left to the tire execpt sidewall.

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno what the story is with the walmart-Goodyears. They LOOK ok but IIRC the temperature rating is B and are basically considered the economy economy tire from Goodyear. I personally wouldn't have spent that much, for $100+ per tire there's much better tires out there. But bottom line is you have them so enjoy and let us know how they perform and wear.

I dunno what the story is with the walmart-Goodyears. They LOOK ok but IIRC the temperature rating is B and are basically considered the economy economy tire from Goodyear. I personally wouldn't have spent that much, for $100+ per tire there's much better tires out there. But bottom line is you have them so enjoy and let us know how they perform and wear.

http://www.goodyeartires.com/faqs/walmart.html

Wal-Mart pays patent fees to different tire manufactures and these tires are sold specifically at Wal-Mart stores. IE-Uniroyal Liberators are one of our truck tires and they are made by Michelin.

So, you won't see any Wal-Mart tires at another tire place.

Like I said before those Eagles are ok, they are pretty sticky for what they are, but I've heard they wear out fairly quickly. You get what you pay for.