Squeaky rear spring

GPX

Hi Gang,

This is my first post. I got my W-body this spring. It had a squeak in the rear end which the dealer said not to worry about. He'd fix it when I brought it back in a couple weeks. I'm not sure what was done to it, but the bill (no charge) said "new pads." It was nice and quiet--for about two weeks and now its squeaking again. I don't expect him to keep "fixing" it for "free." What's causing it, and what do I need to do to really fix it? Squirting a little WD-40 on it didn't work. Funny, it works on everything else!

--redcar

http://www.solidstorage.net//files/14/DSCN2304.JPG

http://www.solidstorage.net//files/14/DSCN2305.JPG

those white things are my aftermarket monoleaf pads from NAPA.....they replce the rubber ones from the factory.

Whether or not you change over to the NAPA part..check that area to be sure they did in fact change the pad, and that the pad is still there (OEM ones are rubber, and are glued to the monoleaf...maybe one fell out do to crapy glue job

Thanks guys, especially 1990Lumina for posting the pix. I went and looked under my car and there are NO pads there. No wonder it is squeaking! So now I wonder what they actually did when they wrote "new pads" on the repair bill. I know it didn't squeak for a couple of weeks anyway. Can they fall out? Also, are they as easy to install as they look like they are? It looks to me that if I put my hydraulic jack under the spring, I can just push up the end of the spring and slip the new pad in. Am I missing something?