more info on my car running like ass..

RedZMonte

Yesterday it ran like shyt in the morning.. then during lunch it ran awsome, then after work it ran like shyt again. I also got (best i can descrive it) a backfire out the intake a couple times. A large "POP" noise.

Any recomendations would be appriceated :)

Shane

I have a Simular Problem Right now....

Right now I have a Problem where when I just barily hit my gas my RPMs Drop about 200rpms and my car starts to shudder??

would this be a bad TBS??or something?? happens when Cruise is on and when I just want to accell slowly

But WOT works Just Fine most of the time but one out of ten times I do hear a POP but then works fine...what would cause this??

Does anyone wanna spare me a TGP? There is one it town but the doors crackle, looks like the bumper doesnt fit snug around the lights, and the engine was putting out a ton of white smoke...which i attribute to being a head or head gasket. If anyone knows if this is anything serious or have had similar problems please let me know because it is 4500 and it has 85k mi on it.

Tony

I would Say dont Buy it that Price is way to high for the condition you discribed. I would say talk to MIKE he has a TGP for sale for 1400 I think and it would be alot better if you had to but money in it...its a black 90 if I remember.

as for the white smoke...was the car Running for 30+mins? if so and it still smoked then I would say head gasket other wise it could have just been water from sitting..I know my STE smokes like that for 20-25MINS after I take her out after the winter. but then Clears up...and doesnt smoke at all except on cold mornings she will smoke untill warmed up.

other wise I would sell my STE for 5000 ir has all new tires and struts, and just needs Fuel ingectors. and for me to put the new headlight harness in...

Does anyone wanna spare me a TGP? There is one it town but the doors crackle, looks like the bumper doesnt fit snug around the lights, and the engine was putting out a ton of white smoke...which i attribute to being a head or head gasket. If anyone knows if this is anything serious or have had similar problems please let me know because it is 4500 and it has 85k mi on it.

Tony

First thing to look for on an Automatic car that has a "ton" of white smoke is the vacuum modulator on the tranny. If the diaphram fails and allows tranny fluid to run up the vacuum line and into the motor...a "ton" of white smoke will be produced. You have to sort of smell the smoke to tell if it is coolant or tranny... 8)

Guest Anonymous

Vac. modulator has one bolt holding it in. Pull it out of the tranny and put the new one in. There is a rod that may come out with it and will need put back in so be careful.