winter storage w-body

rockfangd

hi everyone i want to store my 84 cutty away for the winter so i need any help or tips on the dos and donts fo storing the vehicle. i know to put stabil and a trickle charger, remove the head unit, and the upgraded ub3 cluster,. but any other tips would be highly appreciated. thanks

well for what its worth a 84 cutty would be a G body, not a W body.

i've never done anything special, fill up the tank, start it regularly, or get a batery tender.

i just disconnect the negative side. i've put it on cinder blocks with pieces of 2x6 on top. if you're in a place where mice are an issue, use dryer sheets

I've always read if you put it up in the air it's bad for the suspension because it doesn't keep it "loaded'

put it up on stands under the suspension so it's loaded(and strut shafts don't rust). the reason for putting it up is to keep from flat spotting the tires.

i know how to store stuff properly i just dont have time so i wind up parking them and starting them back up in the spring.

put it up on stands under the suspension so it's loaded(and strut shafts don't rust). the reason for putting it up is to keep from flat spotting the tires.

i know how to store stuff properly i just dont have time so i wind up parking them and starting them back up in the spring.

What about just getting a bunch of donut spares and leaving them on that?

well i had my hub assemblies ("professionally done") last year and the mechanic overtightened the cv joint nut down to like 300 lbs and wore out the hub within a year, so i went to do my strut bearing and the nut would not budge it took no ess tan a 5/8 300 lb impact to get it off. not fun. so when i put it back together i already knew the bearing was bad but i didnt think it was this bad so i tightened the nut to factory specs thinking it might last a week and it only lasted a day. the hub broke withno warnig and the hub rotor and tire broke off. thank god i wasnt driving it when this happened. i jacked the car up to look at my brake caliper and when i jacked it up the wheel flopped and the only thing hoding it in place is the caliper and the nut. also i have a blown lower motor mount, the last caliper seized. need front shocks. so i couldnt afford to sink any more money this year so i am storing it till next year. :sad: