B&M shift + ?

Heza

can someone tell me what is required to install a B&M shift+ kit for my 4T60E? i figured for $30, it's not a bad investment. are the shifts really cleaned up? because i know, with my tranny, between 1st to 2nd seems to take a long time.

It don't come with patience though! Trust me you'll need it! :) :)

what's that supposed to mean??? it's a wire and a little box...says doesn't require special tools. detail this patience if you would....Puh-leease?!?! i'll even say....thank you!

zach

Thers a B&M shift kit for our cars? Like the shifter and everything too?

Jon

No, it's an internal "plug-and-play" item that installs inside the transmission pan. Claims to shorten shifts to reduce wear on clutch packs and give firm contacts between upshifting and downshifting.

- RedFox340

No, it's an internal "plug-and-play" item that installs inside the transmission pan. Claims to shorten shifts to reduce wear on clutch packs and give firm contacts between upshifting and downshifting.

- RedFox340

are you sure about that RedFox340?? the 4l60e is 'plug-and-play', but the 4t60e...i think otherwise....

http://kyle.berettatalk.com/bm.html

are you sure about that RedFox340?? the 4l60e is 'plug-and-play', but the 4t60e...i think otherwise....

http://kyle.berettatalk.com/bm.html

Oh... you're talking about one of the vacuum controled items you can buy... I was talking about the electrical aspect. Depending on which path you take, yes, there could be more work involved to install. Good find, Heza. Thank you.

- RedFox340

OH

see, my dad in his 87 Regal project just put in a B&M shifter and kit. I didnt know if they made the shifter and stuff for our cars too (this was one huge package that came together). YOu hit it to go up gears (when racing)

Jon