94 cutty struts

rockfangd

hi everyone i am trying to change my driver front strut bearnin on my 94 cutty, 3100 4dr.. i am really stuck because i cannot get the strut off of the lower end on the hub. all i see is one bolt on the left behind the hub. i got the spring and top off but i cant get the shock absorber off,. i really need to know how to get it off. i started the project this afternoon at my garage but i couldnt get it off and i need my car asap

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

not sure exactly what the situation is here. There are 2 lower bolts that hold the strut on and 2 upper bolts. The lowers are splined and will have to be pounded out as they are rather tight in the hole.

not sure exactly what the situation is here. There are 2 lower bolts that hold the strut on and 2 upper bolts. The lowers are splined and will have to be pounded out as they are rather tight in the hole.

That only applies to the rears, I think he's trying to pull the front ones.

You have to use a special tool to remove the threaded strut retaining cap. Then you can pull the strut out of the tube. This strut design uses strut cartridges. If you're not familiar with this system, I highly recommend you get a manual as Kevin recommended.

a good tip,. they make a tool that can be rented from places, including autozone, to change this cartridge. even the cheapest of cheap manuals would aid you in the task.

got it done in order to change or repair the strut assembly you have to disconnect everything from he lower and take off the 3 nuts on top. pita. 4 days!!!!!!!!!! couldnt get the spring to compress small and even. what a bitch. all that work to fix a cracking noise with the turning, :willynilly: :willynilly: