ZZP U Bend Delete Pipe

runt

Alright...I got the pipe (and it looks great!) and I also bought the gaskets. Now, I have a metal type gasket that is GM and another more rubberier type that just came in the box. Anyone know which goes on which end or will I know when I take the old pipe off?

Well, fuck doing that myself. I can't even begin to get the bolts off at the manifold. I'm gonna have to talk to a friend that has a lift and see what he can do, even just give me some garage time, I can't get enough pressure on it from the floor. Oh well.

i'm gonna do mine tomarrow...and i got the gaskets as well and its the same deal...the metal one in the GM packaging goes up top, and the other one goes between the cat & the rest of your exhaust...

i'm gonna do mine tomarrow...and i got the gaskets as well and its the same deal...the metal one in the GM packaging goes up top, and the other one goes between the cat & the rest of your exhaust...

Perfect! Thats what i was most curious about. Now I just gotta wait a few hours and call that garage to see about the lift...lol.

I did. I sprayed quite a bit on there. Really, I think I *could* get them loose by hand, but a few salty winters doesn't help and not to mention I'm not the biggest guy in the world and laying on the ground doesn't make it any easier when try to torque the fuck out of bolts. Oh well.

w00t!...got mine installed today!...on jackstands, in my yard!...the studs on the DP to Cat-Back were rusty as hell, so i just ended up replacing them (i did get them off without ruining them though)...and also, after seeing this U-Bend, i see why it should be one of teh first mods...here are a few pics:

GTPDPinstall004.jpg

GTPDPinstall007.jpg

GTPDPinstall008.jpg

GTPDPinstall009.jpg

GTPDPinstall010.jpg

My god. I've seen the u-bend in person, but always under a car. That is a serious crush in the pipe, especially for a boosted car!

yeah, the pipe is fucking SQUARE where the u-bend is...not even round...i layed under the car and looked at it and i'm like "OMFG...you CAN'T BE SERIOUS"

Bastard!! How did you get it off at the manifold?! Looks awesome! Looks a lot like my pipe too, just about .5" bigger though... (I have a feeling thats not the first time I've said that either...)

ROFL @ the looking .5" bigger than your pipe comment...anywayz, i just took my 13mm deepwell socket and used an extension and a long handle 3/8" drive ratchet...worked it back and forth a bit til it broke loose...the whole stud came out on the one side, but just the nut came off on the other...it all went back together though, so it worked out great....the bolts holding the DP to the Cat back were worse then the ones from the manifold though...

Alright, is lets say the stud were to come out, I'm not gonna be totally fucked then? I was worried that if I snapped a stud or spun the nut that I'd be in for some serious repair on the manifold.

Alright, is lets say the stud were to come out, I'm not gonna be totally fucked then? I was worried that if I snapped a stud or spun the nut that I'd be in for some serious repair on the manifold.

well, if you snap the stud, then YES, you are in for some serious repair!...what i was saying was that on one of the studs, the nut was rusted to the strud, and i just ended up unscrewing th whole stud from the manifold...so, all you gotta do is just screw it back in the say it came out and your fine...