ZZP U Bend Delete Pipe

runt

Is this worth it? I mean for little of nothing I can pick it up and I already have someone lined up to do the welding for me.

I guess here is my other question...do I need to buy the gasket or not? I figured that both ends would be welded to the car, but maybe I'm wrong.

Yet another useless thread by me...lol

(Thanks for the move!)

well, i'm not sure what your plans are for your car...BUT, i don't see you really gaining anything @ all from the u-bend delete...if you're gonna go that far, you might as well do the 3" DP/High Flow Cat/U-Bend Delete...i'm sure you may see a little gain from that, but deffinatly more then you would from just the u-bend delete...that would also be helpful if you decide to do more engine mods in the future!

if thats all your going to do, i woulden't bother. personally i'd get a set of headers and a DP, but thats alot of money, that said i'd either get a DP or do nothing.

So what, the DP would be bolt on correct? Aside from replacing the gaskets...but wow...that'd be tough. Honestly I have NO other plans for this car besides this, and an intake.

I mean I guess the extra $50 (if it's bolt on) would be worth it b/c I'd have some stuck in the welding of the U Bend Delete.

So what, the DP would be bolt on correct? Aside from replacing the gaskets...but wow...that'd be tough. Honestly I have NO other plans for this car besides this, and an intake.

I mean I guess the extra $50 (if it's bolt on) would be worth it b/c I'd have some stuck in the welding of the U Bend Delete.

ok...1st question, do you have emissions testing in PA?...would u be required to have a converter?...if not, just get the Catless DP...also, i was just checking ZZP's site and they say a 2.5" is highly recommended for naturally aspirated applications...so thats probably all you'll need if you don't really have any other plans for the future...so if you need a converter, you want the bolt in pipe with high flow converter and the 2 gaskets...

Yeah, PA does have Emissions testing. Really, it's just a visual "Ok, your Cats there" type of thing at least up here in my area. I wish that I could go catless though! Soon enough though I'm sure I'll have to get attached to a machine....anyway....

So yeah for just over $200+shipping I could have that. A bit more than I wanted to spend but I guess it can't hurt any. I have no plans on modding this car more than this little bit. Just something so I can say "Hey! I'm not *totally* stock!

Coming from dbtk2(before he modded his into a supercharged version), that the U-Bend delete was definately worth it. Hell, I think all he has was an intake, full exhaust, ubend delete, and underdrive pulley, and you guys seen how well he was running. Hopefully he can chime in, because I think I may be missing something.

What about the post cat O2 sensor? If you delete the cat, your MIL will soon come on. The post cat O2 tells the ECM how well the cat is functioning based on it's reading and comparison to the pre-cat O2. This will cause you problems. I deleted my Cat in my 92 Z34, (OBD1) all this in conjunction with a magnaflow 2.5 exhaust and a resonator to eliminate rasp, I did not notice any gain except that my car sounds really nice. Other mods my car has is the fact that it's a 2nd gen 3.4 crate motor with my original 1st gen accessories on it and the mod to the airfilter box and a K&N. Car runs awesome and fart can equipped Hondas, even if they have a wing...(sarcasm) cannot touch me, and i think I drive it pretty conservitively. Point is, I don't think the stretch would be worth the gain for you, but that's just my 2 cents. Especially if you get sniffed where you live. Your HC's will go up without a functioning cat.

The 2.5" DP from ZZP has a place for me to mount my rear O2 sensor, so it's still legal. So really, the only difference would be no Ubend, and a high flow cat. I really don't see how a high flow cat would change my emissions *that* much, but hey ya never know.

As for me getting sniffed, it's not up this far yet and I doubt that it will be. Not enough population to make the changes and it would put a lot of garages out of business if they had to buy the stuff.

All in all, I think I'm gonna order it tonight or tomorrow. Wait till I get it on the car and then do a custom CAI before winter if I can, otherwise it'll wait till spring.

Coming from dbtk2(before he modded his into a supercharged version), that the U-Bend delete was definately worth it. Hell, I think all he has was an intake, full exhaust, ubend delete, and underdrive pulley, and you guys seen how well he was running. Hopefully he can chime in, because I think I may be missing something.

i believe he may have had a 3" DP...i know he had no res and i don't think he had a cat...UD pulley's, PCM, Cone filter...and his interior was gutted out...and his car is a freaK!...it has over 200k miles on it...so its nice and loose!...lol

i'll be ordering my stainless 3" DP in the next few days as well...its gonna be close to or over $300 for mine...:cry:

Well, after shipping it was only $198.xx So thats not too bad. I guess it's just nice to know that I'll be able to slap this pipe on myself. I'll be happy with it though I'm sure. Next step, intake.

What is the stock exhaust on these cars? 2.25 or 2.5? I've never even really bothered to look. Now that I'm gonna put this DP on, I'm gonna have to get my tips straightened out from when I backed into a washout with out even knowing it...lol. The bend isn't that bad, just drives me nuts b/c i know it's there.

Well, after shipping it was only $198.xx So thats not too bad. I guess it's just nice to know that I'll be able to slap this pipe on myself. I'll be happy with it though I'm sure. Next step, intake.

What is the stock exhaust on these cars? 2.25 or 2.5? I've never even really bothered to look. Now that I'm gonna put this DP on, I'm gonna have to get my tips straightened out from when I backed into a washout with out even knowing it...lol. The bend isn't that bad, just drives me nuts b/c i know it's there.

according to what i was reading (i believe on ZZP's site), the stock DP on the GT's are 2.25...not sure if that means the whole exhaust is that size or not...

Now that you say that, I think you are right with the 2.25 Even so, going from a 2.5 to a 2.25 isn't going to make that much of a difference.

well, some places on the DP where crushed down to 2" or less, PLUS, you're removing the U-Bend...

Nice and Tight. Works for me!!

As for swivel heads I'm not sure, I think my dad might have some (I know I don't have any of my own personal stash) and between the two of us we've got some decent extensions. I figure it really should take much more than 1 hour. Worse comes to worse it takes longer, just gotta make sure the damn exhaust is cold cuz I had to drive the car to work today!

If you need any help you know my number. I can shoot up on the bike.

If your going to shoot up, you should really be in a house. Don't want to fall over on the bike when you got a needle in your arm!! OHH!! hahaha...ha...ahh yeah.

ANyway, yeah if i need help I'll let ya know. I think I might wait till the weekend to par-take in this fun b/c of the rain. but we'll see I guess.

so, you get yours yet?...i ordered mine tuesday before work and had it wednsday before work!...$287.59 shipped for mine...OUCH!...anywayz, i hope it helps my KR a bit!....also, ZZP alwayz stiff's my ass on stickers...this is the 2nd time i've ordered shit from em and didnt get any stickers...bastards!...

Well, it just got dropped off less than 30 minutes ago. Yippie!! I'm sure I'll get fucked on stickers too b/c I didn't get one with my brackets, but then again I can see why they didn't send them with those. I'll update with pics after I get it on the car.