Why do 3.4's lick balls?

chadz34

I am ready to burn my car to the ground it is such a piece of shit. It has a vacuum leak even after I had the fucking thing fixed and it doesn't start all the time. Why the fuck is it so gay? I treat it so well and it just keeps fucking me off. My 92' is way better. I have NEVER driven such a sketchy car in my life I still have the brake problem.....DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY IT DOESNT START ALL THE TIME? :evil:

well instead of bitching about it in the powertrain section, why not tell us what it is actually doing/not doing/how its acting

as i recall you've yet to tell us any of the symptoms of this allegid vaccum leak. so why not be a little more rational and mabie we can help you, but for future reference please post inane bs in the whatever section. i'm seriously noy trying to come off as a dick, i'd like to see your car run right.

well instead of bitching about it in the powertrain section, why not tell us what it is actually doing/not doing/how its acting

as i recall you've yet to tell us any of the symptoms of this allegid vaccum leak. so why not be a little more rational and mabie we can help you, but for future reference please post inane bs in the whatever section. i'm seriously noy trying to come off as a dick, i'd like to see your car run right.

Well when I start it the rpms rise and drop and when I go from reverse to drive the rpms rise it catches gear and almost stalls sometimes. It doesn't start all the time, it really doesn't seem like a solid car.

Well when I start it the rpms rise and drop and when I go from reverse to drive the rpms rise it catches gear and almost stalls sometimes. It doesn't start all the time, it really doesn't seem like a solid car.

Has the battery been disconnected lately? Try an Idle Re-learn. Always solves the erratic revving problems in my car.

Has the battery been disconnected lately? Try an Idle Re-learn. Always solves the erratic revving problems in my car.

x2! That would be the first thing I would try.

Write up here: http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,31176.0.html

If the idle relearn doesn't work, try the IAV like Z34-5speed said. Let us know what you find.

"Unicorn"

maybe try just cleaning the IAC (idle air control)....I cleaned mine last winter when my car would stall a few times after start up....the pintle valve or whatever it's called inside had carbon built up so much on it the valve was seized...I probably should have replaced it, but I soaked it in carb cleaner and it runs perfect again....very easy to remove (well on my 3.1 is was)...try not to damage the rubber seal when you pull the valve out and it'll be all good!

"Unicorn"

maybe try just cleaning the IAC (idle air control)....I cleaned mine last winter when my car would stall a few times after start up....the pintle valve or whatever it's called inside had carbon built up so much on it the valve was seized...I probably should have replaced it, but I soaked it in carb cleaner and it runs perfect again....very easy to remove (well on my 3.1 is was)...try not to damage the rubber seal when you pull the valve out and it'll be all good!

Where is that located on the 3.4 DOHC?

"Unicorn"

On the opposite side of the throttle linkages. Held in by 2 torx bits.

"Unicorn"

On the opposite side of the throttle linkages. Held in by 2 torx bits.

Is this it? It's the only thing with torx bits. If that's not it, can someone show me with a picture where it is on a 96' DOHC.

dopeasfuck.jpg

Throttle body. But yeah, be careful when you take it out, not to damage the gasket or anything.

I also don't think you should pull the valve in and out either (you'll see what I mean when you take it out...)....anyway I pulled it in and out to clean the carbon off....take a long time to get set back up prperly lol.....when you put it back in I think you turn the key to ON for a couple seconds for it to set itself..then start