Hm-284 oil leak

RedGTP

Hy ..

I just finish tu swap my GTP 94 manual ..

and ... only after 200kilometers ..

I have oil leak .... one on the axelshaft seal (on the transmission) and one in my belhousing .. I don't no where .. :( but the oil leak on this place ...

what I can do ??? :(

be this that the seal axel shaft on the transmission are identical on the transmission hm-282 of w-body or j-body. is this that I can take a seal this tranmission handbook to put on mine (hm-284) it leak??

if I can have a pic of hm-282 that great !!

thank's !!

Yann

f**K :willynilly: ... the axel shaft are completely differente .. :mad: grrrrrrrrr :cry: :frown:

What can fit here ???? :( I lose 3/4 oil per day .... I can't drive my GTP !:(

on the 4t60-e ... this is the same ?? :rolleyes:

Is there any reason you can't just walk into a parts store and ask for a right axle seal for say a '92 GTP with a 5 speed? All 284 seals are the same I assume, it shouldn't be a huge issue. The leak on the inside of the bellhousing could be the input shaft seal, which will require you to remove the trans again. It is a trans fluid leak and not engine oil, correct?

Is there any reason you can't just walk into a parts store and ask for a right axle seal for say a '92 GTP with a 5 speed? All 284 seals are the same I assume, it shouldn't be a huge issue. The leak on the inside of the bellhousing could be the input shaft seal, which will require you to remove the trans again. It is a trans fluid leak and not engine oil, correct?

I will go check in parts store .. but in GM dealer directly I'm not able to have this piece .. :( .. I will go to Napa or same thing may-be ! :)

for the bellhousing .. I'm not 100% sure it's a trans fluid.. but it's black/brown, same color of engine oil .. :neutral:

• 17 years later...
On 8/27/2006 at 7:49 PM, RedGTP said:

http://www.turbosedan.com/cutlass/DSC01382.JPG

this side !

Thank's turbosedan for the pics :P

Trying to load, but doesn't load.

My 284 is BATHING my driver's floorpan.  It's such a mess, I haven't been able to clean it enough to see where it's pushing out.  Anyone know if 284 seals are still around?  It appears from the link above that, optimistically, it can be ordered from the seal manufacturer based on specs, going around a middleman like a parts store or rockauto.

Figured I'd ask before I start a potentially long journey of discovering what someone may already know.

Why are you repeatedly resurrecting  these near 17 year old threads from the old original site?

You won't get a reply & any links are long dead.

If you've got an issue begin a new thread on the matter.

You should really make a new thread rather then resurrecting 17 year old posts.

Short answer, clean it up and check. Long answer is I hope its either axle seals or intermediate shaft seals.

Then check the less obvious places like VSS sensor, reverse switch.

Worst case its the seal between the case itself, or a input shaft seal

Actually I'm going to close this topic, any of the links are broken from forum software we haven't run in 10+ years and most of the people in this thread have been inactive for at least as long by now.

Sam please start a new thread if you wish to keep this discussion going.

• White93z34 locked this topic