Whats needed for Topend swap

95aquase

Your better off swaping in the whole 3400 motor, then the 3500 plenum.

Do you want to swap the heads or just the intakes. If Im reading this right, just swap in the 3400 lower intake, with the 3400 LIM gasket, and 3500 plenum, with gaskets, but to take full advantage of it, youll need a larger TB.

Your better off swaping in the whole 3400 motor, then the 3500 plenum.

Do you want to swap the heads or just the intakes. If Im reading this right, just swap in the 3400 lower intake, with the 3400 LIM gasket, and 3500 plenum, with gaskets, but to take full advantage of it, youll need a larger TB.

Yep, and while your at it, swap to OBD 2 as well. The harness should be plug and play, and you will have DHP to play with.

i want to do the heads too...

so i should do 3400 heads and lower intake. then 3500 upper intake...

is that all i would need or are there other parts besides gaskets....

alright heres the run down on 95' 3100 to 3400 top end swaps

i'll do this one more time in hopes that in the future this can be searched easier.

1995 was a change over year more or less. in 1995 ALL 3100s had stamped rockers, they will not work with the newer 3400 LIM.

however on late 1995s the heads already have provisions for the roller rockers, check the assembly date in the drivers door, that should give you an idea wether or not your car can use the newer style roller rockers. another easy way to check is to pull a valve cover and pull a rocker off the head, and the stud as well, if there is about a 1/4 inch long slot of sorts, then your heads are compatable, and all you need is a newer set of roller rockers. if your heads do not have the slot then you must swap the heads.

but here goes: parts list

Optional -

3400 heads

EGR adaptor, definately needed for any place the does emissions testing (http://60degreev6.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=9)

Needed -

3400 upper and lower intakes, preferably from a U van (venture, montana)

upper intake gasket set for a 3400

96-up roller rockers (only if re-using heads)

when puting the TB on the 3400 intake i know i had to modify it somehow to fit, it was so damn long ago that i don't really remember, something with how the cables attatch, hopefully GP1138 can fill me in on that.

if i missed anything, let me know and i'll add it to this post.

95s had a roller cam and lifters. Thus, if you went with a 3.1L block (flat tappet cam) and 3400 roller heads you would need custom length pushrods. I think both Comp and Crane cams will make custom pushrods if you provide the dimensions. You should check out http://www.60degreev6.com for more info (if you want it).