body repair panels

luminal67

i am going to try to start fixing all the rust on my car soon, and i need some replacement panels. specifically a rocker panel. i need to know if anyone knows where i can find new replacement body panels. i have searched everywhere but the body shops and can't find shit.

Has anyone ever attempted this before???

thanks,

-Brian-

a friend of mine does business with Keystone and i had him check, but they don't make rockers or quarters for my car.

I would rather buy a new repacement panel than J/Y parts because of ease and time. But if it comes to it, i will be going that route.

I'm going to go bother some body shops later this week to see what they can turn up for me.

my rocker panels are rusted and i will be repairing them with fiberglass. It seems easier to get a hold of and I won't have to buy a welder or learn how to weld

my rocker panels are rusted and i will be repairing them with fiberglass. It seems easier to get a hold of and I won't have to buy a welder or learn how to weld

you realize your just covering up your problem right? not actually fixing it........ I don't think anyone makes repair panels for w-bodies anymore except for 2 gen and 3rd gen.....

well the plan is the cut out all the rusted section and then construct fiberglass where there was once metal. That'll work, won't it?

I not gonna just patch over the rust with FG

well the plan is the cut out all the rusted section and then construct fiberglass where there was once metal. That'll work, won't it?

from a looks perspecive it will be just fine, however it won't put the cars integrity back to where it was or should be.

from a looks perspecive it will be just fine, however it won't put the cars integrity back to where it was or should be.

:iamwithstupid: i'm sorry but fiber glass is not the way to repair that part of your car but from what i saw its just the bottom so maybe you can get away with welding a pretty much flat peice of metal in place there after you cut out the rust.

Try Certi-Fit

They make a shit ton of replacement parts.. Hell, I can get a1994 Cutlass Supreme sedan headlight from them.. See if you can get some info on them..

And fiberglass is great, but for this application, just ave someone pull the rockers from a nice car at the JY, and have a shop or someone you knwo weld them in..

They might make a very small difference in integrity and overall "stiffness", but having seen them from the inside out on my '94, the steel is EXTREMELY thin.... nowhere near as thick as the rest of the unibody. After I stripped the paint, I could flex the parts that weren't even touched by rust with one finger! I think some of you picture them being a main part of the frame or something. They wouldn't do shit to save you in a crash, and they weren't meant to.

I did the fiberglass on my '94, and to this day it still looks great. I dont see any problem with it. :confused:

They might make a very small difference in integrity and overall "stiffness", but having seen them from the inside out on my '94, the steel is EXTREMELY thin.... nowhere near as thick as the rest of the unibody. After I stripped the paint, I could flex the parts that weren't even touched by rust with one finger! I think some of you picture them being a main part of the frame or something. They wouldn't do shit to save you in a crash, and they weren't meant to.

I did the fiberglass on my '94, and to this day it still looks great. I dont see any problem with it. :confused:

If the steel is as thin as you say, then 2-3 layers of fiberglass will me much more stiff and stroger, yet lighter than the steel rockers already on this car.

I replaced mine with fiberglass. No problems... That was over a year ago.

What I did was to cut out the really bad sections...cut them out completely.

POR-15 whatever is left.

Then fiberglass to your hearts desire.

I have a Cutlass Intl too, so after the glass work was done, I had to drill and screw into them to mount the Intl cladding...... Worked fine, and I don't have to worry about rust.