new rims this week on new vert

bigdaddyooo

Its a nice looking rim, I like the shape and general design.

Just to big and blingy for my tastes...

Myself when/if I put aftermarket rims on my car they will likely be black or gunmetal and be 17" max. But thats just me, I do a lot of country driving so I want a bit more sidewall and I've never been a huge fan of chome on anything aside from a muscle car...

Jamie

I think if i got rid of mine for something else, it would be some nice gunmetal 18"s with a chromed lip. but yeah, ive never been a fan of chrome rims, and mine at 19" are borderline too big. eventually ill get new smaller tires, and see if that helps.

mine are 245/45/19 if you want an idea of what that will look like, i should have went 245/35

god 20's are grosse

18 is the biggest you should go on a w-body. Unless your in Impala

I chose 17's cuz I love the way they look like the stock wheels and thee lighter than shit

I took the pics with the new wheels on, and wow, they look awesome. I will resize them and post them later today. I have 3 lawns to do today and have to " git r done".

1st off. Don't let anyone on here get ya down with negative comments, do what you like and that's all that matters.

I think the rims look hot. They are a similar style to what I have been lookin at as I shop around. I can't wait to see pics of it. I wana step up to a larger rim on my car possibly this winter. I can lay out on a 22 inch wheel in the back with no cutting but there isn't that much room on the front. I am probably lookin at 20's all the way around myself as well. 20's really give these cars the baller look and chrome is the only way to go. I would NEVER pay money to put a different wheel on my car that wasn't chrome. But my tastes are obviously differen't than most here.

Anyways, get those pics up!!! I wana see it!

later,

Sean

Thanks Sean, I appreciate that. My budget allowed me to get these rims and tires. They are not exactly what I wanted. The Helo SLICK 20's w/tires were about $500.00 more so I picked the next best thing. Anyways here ya go guys, B4 and after pictues of the newest member of the family. Our second Cutty Vert.

BEFORE

Picture049.jpg

AFTER

Picture050.jpg

not bad. closer pics? id like to see what 35's look like on big tires. i think i might pick up some matching 245/35's to go on my fronts. either way, they dont look too bad. a little blingy for my tastes, but not bad at all

dude I think that looks awesome.

yeah, me too!

i was looking at a set of those only if i went w/ 19's i'd shoot myself cause of wheel rub :( damnit why'd i lower!! :willynilly:

edit: just make sure you get an alignment ;( don't waste good tread on a $40~$60 job ...

update... I haven't driven the car yet and thank goodness. The back of the wheel was rubbed up against the trailing arm.....Jeesh. So i layed the factory wheel and 1 of the new ones on the ground and measured from the ground up to the pad that sits against the rotor. The Panthers are 1/4 of an inch higher....the frigin offset is incorrect. :eek: I asked if they would fit and I was assured that they would. Now they want to send me 1/4" spacers... I dunno, worried about saftey cause thats 1/4" less threads that the lugs get to grip. Any thoughts? Thanks for all the comments, good and bad. lol Mark

deffinatly looks ALOT better than i thought it would!...i like it!...

BTW: i dunno about the whole wheel spacer thing...i don't think i'd ever put spacers on my cars to make wheels fit...but, i guess thats up to you...you could prolly get longer wheel studs if thats what you're worried about?...

When I got my wheels from tire rack, they were "garuanteed" to fit and the front ones rubbed the caliper. I am running 1/4 inch spacers with no issue at all. I have ones that are a universal application for 5 lug that I got from Pep Boys. I wouldn't hesitate runnin a spacer at all. Now, if you need more than 1/4 inch than that is a different story. I would put em on and be done with it.

my $.02

See ya,

Sean