motor mounts

stlunatics2oo3

okay how do you kno if your motor mounts are broke ?

cause my car when i give it gas real quick it will like smack kinda maybe that is the wrong word but i was thinkin it could be the dog bones but i wanted to consult you all first .

thanks

jeremy

Well, if it's the dogbone... it's quite obvious: open the hood, on the front of the engine bay framre, and if the rubber is worn away or the thing is snaped in half (that's a new one) that would make the engine roll and hit something.

However, I'm in the same position (still...) and there's a thread somewhat about this...

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3397&highlight=

- RedFox340

Guest TurboSedan

yeah there is another one on the bottom sorta below the crank pulley, and a transmission mount on the drivers side. from the sounds of it i would say you need new dogbone bushings. i would bet it's the dogbone bushing on the drivers side....

joshua

lil story... when I had my '91 Taurus 3.0 as soon as I modded it I couldnt keep the right motor mount in it for more than a few days. they always broke, once I even broke the bolt that holds the motor mount to the engine. One thing to look for is the engine will move noticebly when you change from park to a gear, also mat the gas at low speeds and the engine will hop lol most ppl thought i had hydraulics (bad for your driveline though)

I bought cheap ones that were made in korea and had to take one back in three days. Recomend buying in pairs to anyone needing them. Was thinking about knocking some wood wedges into them at one point.

"They got poly, I got WOOD"