tilt steering

okay i am repairing a 91 olds CS 2d that was in a front end accident and there are two things that i need help with... first i replaced the fenders and now want to put the hood on but the latches that connect the hood to the fenders didnt come with the fenders i got and seem to be welded on to the old fenders... any advice? second the tilt lock on the steering wheel is broken, it just moves up and down freely (not the easiest car to drive like this) is this fixable? if there isnt anyway to genuinly fix it i may just apoxy it in place (the wheel tilts and turns at two diffrent joints on the column so i figure i could just apoxy the joint where it tilts and have a non-tilt but otherwise fine wheel) Thanks.

~David

Guest Anonymous

Look up under the steering wheel when it's in the up position. Right where the back of the wheel and the column meet. You should be able to see where the wheel catches. There should be a little roll pin that goes through the one piece. It may have fell out. The same thing happened on my '89 Grand Prix.

ahhh.. thank you, the piece is actually broken off.. but it looks like something i could rig myself... damn mechanic said the only solution was to replace the whole column for $300+ :evil: