*VIDEO* OF PROBLEM!!!!

chadz34

wow that looks alot like what mine does but when its really pissed it wont start for like 1-2 hours. i think my problem is the FPR but i dunno. if you find out what your problem is please let me know its driving me crazy.

wow that looks alot like what mine does but when its really pissed it wont start for like 1-2 hours. i think my problem is the FPR but i dunno. if you find out what your problem is please let me know its driving me crazy.

I don't know what it is, but I could kick the fuck out of it that's how mad I get. I am gonna see if it's the ICM if it's not that I'll try FPR and if it's not that it's gonna go through hell the rest of it's life.

You can hear the starter trying its hardest to turn the car over. 1 of 2 things I think might be happening. Check for fuel like Jeff said in the other thread. Otherwise, it's the ICM preventing the engine from firing. :dunno:

You can hear the starter trying its hardest to turn the car over. 1 of 2 things I think might be happening. Check for fuel like Jeff said in the other thread. Otherwise, it's the ICM preventing the engine from firing. :dunno:

Yeah, you can hear the starter giving the engine TITS! :lol: And it's trying to start, I just think it's not getting any spark from the ICM. It can't be fuel related becuase my problem is heat related. It starts everytime in the morning or when it's cooled down.

Get on your way to the store of the J/Y already and get that ICM. :wink:

I'll need to do that tomorrow or Monday I work in 4 minutes I gotta go!!!! :lol: Thanks Mike!

My old regal did that when i used to drive it It would crank for like 6 seconds before it would start. ICM and coil pack change did nothing. It always started up, but it sounded doubtful most times. :lol: My cutlass on the other hand has the opposite problem. after it has been run and it sits for a bit, it seems to fire too early, so it only turns over once, than fires and stumbles a bit then runs perfectly fine.

My old regal did that when i used to drive it It would crank for like 6 seconds before it would start. ICM and coil pack change did nothing. It always started up, but it sounded doubtful most times. :lol: My cutlass on the other hand has the opposite problem. after it has been run and it sits for a bit, it seems to fire too early, so it only turns over once, than fires and stumbles a bit then runs perfectly fine.

My Lumina does the same thing...if it's really hot outside it'll start within one crank and then hold the RPM at 1500 for a couple seconds lol.....god damn car

Chad I'm gonna say it's either a coilpack getting you trouble or the ICM...

If it's doing it when it's hot I'm saying starter.

Have you tried hitting the solenoid with a hammer? when it does this? If it turns over you need a starter.

Also, have you had the starter tested? Most places should be able to do it no problem.

Have you tried hitting the solenoid with a hammer? when it does this? If it turns over you need a starter.

Also, have you had the starter tested? Most places should be able to do it no problem.

The starter cranks the engine over though, unless it has a flat spot on it. I am getting frustrated I lost my fucking keys last night so I need to get a new remote and PASSKEY and door key.....I am not having a good week.

The starter cranks the engine over though, unless it has a flat spot on it. I am getting frustrated I lost my fucking keys last night so I need to get a new remote and PASSKEY and door key.....I am not having a good week.

Right. But it could be on it's way out.

Right. But it could be on it's way out.

Well........funny you should say that, sometimes it locks up, like it won't crank kinda maybe heat soaked, but that has onl;y happened 3 times since I have owned the car.

Jessicas GTP starts like tahat one out of every 10 times. It was back to the dealer for "hard start, Phantom stalling" at least 6 times when it was still under warranty. I drove the car today and for the 4 times i started it, it did that to me twice. It's been a problem for her car since day one. I don't know what you can do to fix it, cuz the dealer has tried many MANY times

no need to hit the solonoid with a hammer, it is engaged!

no need to hit the solonoid with a hammer, it is engaged!

Exactly. I thought you only hit it with a hammer when it wouldn't engage?!?

I've heard that 3.4's with OBD II are demons. This is like the 4th time I've heard of wierd problems on them. Maybe GM engineers didn't give a shit since the engine was on it's way out?

My Mom used to have a 96 Z34 and it did the same thing when it was warm. I don't know why, but that car seemed to have twice as many issues as my 93 Z34. My Dad got so fed up with the 96, that he doctored it up, and unloaded it for a 98 Z34 with an L36.

My trans am, in extremely hot weather, will sometimes boil the fuel after you shut it off. Go to restart and it sounds like that some when it cranks (like vapor lock). If it cranks like that, try holding the throttle WOT. If that doesn't help, the next time it does it, crack the throttle some (40 percent or something). WOT will cut fuel flow (thinking its flooded). Cracking the throttle partially will have the computer give it a tad more fuel, so i'm told. see if either of those help and you can see if it's fuel related. If neither help, it's probably spark related.

check the injectors. My car used to stall when swiching into d or rev. Mine will start when cold and not when warm. I had 6 bad injectors. It would even sometimes misfire. I have the 1989 3.1 v6 engine. check yours before you go out and spend a fortune.

I've heard that 3.4's with OBD II are demons. This is like the 4th time I've heard of wierd problems on them. Maybe GM engineers didn't give a shit since the engine was on it's way out?

My 92' feels liek a more solid vehicle. OBD II sucks, it never runs the same, it will run like shit, then be amazing.....it's so unsolid. I never know if it's gonna start it's really embarrasing when I'm with my friends.