Body differences in BYP/B4U ?

supreme_style21

I'm trying to find a nice 94-96 B4U car for parts. All I'm finding are BYP cars 92-Whatever year. Are there any differences in the mounting of the body kits on these? I think I'm aware that some BYP years were mounted much differently.. perhaps all are.. I'd like to know before I buy a bunch of crap and end up having to do so much more work and sourcing parts.

This just sees a world of attention.

What have you noticed to be the difference in mounting? I have NOTHING to work with really.. the only salvageable piece was the drivers door B4U piece. Everything else is trash. Are the clips and everything the same? Obviously the fenders on the non-equipped cars are not drilled... I'm not even going to mess with those. If the pre-94 B4U cars are the same, there are a few around here I can snag.

I dont even know what the visual differences between the packages are. LOL I feel dumb... but sorry I can't help. All I know is that my body kit has lots of screws missing :neutral:

I would think that the rocker panels and skirts are mounted the same, but yea, if you're mounting a B4U to a BYP car, you'll need to drill holes in the fenders to mount the flares

Yeah I'm not gonna drill holes. If there is something I can screw up, its measuring and drilling.

Are these clips still available through the dealerships?

My uncle works at a body shop. Goto a body shop and see what they can get you. Probably cheaper than the dealership. As for me, I take them off the cars in the junk yards :lol: I need as many as I can get :biggrin:

There are none at the junkyards here, that's my problem.

Start looking outside your city. Thats what I had to do. Well C-Bad did it for me :-* Since he lives in a town over from me.

There are none at the junkyards here, that's my problem.

Start looking outside your city. Thats what I had to do. Well C-Bad did it for me :-* Since he lives in a town over from me.

:lol: Trust me.. I've been well outside the city limits. Theres about a 300 mile radius I've covered numerous times.

The car isn't going anywhere though.. I can hold out for something. I'm not in too big of a hurry.

Well if you see the car you need on street, run him off the road! Than following the tow truck to which wreckers he is going to. :lol:

Always check back at the wreckers every couple of weeks. Even mine I found a few more. Sure it took like 9 months, but hey another came. Try calling around to see if they have if they have it too. They should be able to check everything that goes in/out.