REALLY Strange now

fleetwoodguy79

Ok guys, try this one... for the past month or so everytime I take a HARD left turn, my transmission freaks out. It acts like its griding and will NOT stay in any one gear. Weirdest thing I've ever had happen to me! It ONLY does it when I have a left turn, not to the right. Have anything to do with my overdrive problems too? Thanks again guys!

My trans does the SAME thing. I've learned to ignore it. Does piss me off considering the tranny has less than 50K on it. Check and see if your fluid is low I know that cured my noise for a while. I just don't where the fluid goes. Whats funny is that once it gets about 1qt and a half low on fluid it stops. It will stay exactly a quart and a half low. It wont go any lower. I just got to live with a whine when making a hard left turn. :) :) :)

Hey mine does that too, only left turns, makes this god awfull noise.

I keep my fluid level in the crosshatch on the dipstick, but I have heard that its fine to overfill these tranny's by a quart. Would that help?

BTW my tranny has 69k on it, CV's are fine and so is the steering which is nice and tight (minus the squeaky noise but thats a different story)

I keep my fluid level in the crosshatch on the dipstick, but I have heard that its fine to overfill these tranny's by a quart. Would that help?

Yes it would.