Here are my TGP MODs and Dyno Numbers:

Mods:

Cone Intake

147,xxx Miles on motor :)

Dyno Results:

198.3 HP

261.7 TQ

17.5 A/F Mixture

So it is Running VERY VERY VERY rich up top. Does anyone know if a Super AFC from Apexi will work on our cars. If i lean it out up top it should gain a healthy ammount of power. The A/F mixture up top was so high it was off the scale my 3rd run. So leaning it out will make the top end pull much harder. Anyone know why i made so much power w/ only an intake. I know it would increase the boost. but not enough to put down what i did.

Shane

get a diacom cable, an eprom burner and micks software and you can change whatever you want, with out trying to "fool" the computer.

I know nothing about changing the prom code.. I do on the other hand know how to tune an AFC :) AFC's are very easy to use plus they are also very reliable. Not to mention i can do adjustments on the fly.

I just need to verify that they are compatible before i spend $300 on one.

RedZ

Any modifications you make to the fuel system, I would strongly recommend getting an A/F guage and mounting it in the car. You don't want to lean out a turbo motor too much. The end results of a lean mixture in a turbo motor are expensive. :) :) :)

Any modifications you make to the fuel system, I would strongly recommend getting an A/F guage and mounting it in the car. You don't want to lean out a turbo motor too much. The end results of a lean mixture in a turbo motor are expensive. :) :) :)

I would tune it via AFC on a dyno w/ a Wideband O2. I am definatly watching the mixture, i don't feel like doing a rebuild yet ;)

Shane

I would open up the exhaust first. That should help a lot to lean out the top end. I don't think it would cause a problem as long as you stayed at the same boost level. Your spool up time would decrease greately as well (with a bigger turbo anyway..).

I would open up the exhaust first. That should help a lot to lean out the top end. I don't think it would cause a problem as long as you stayed at the same boost level. Your spool up time would decrease greately as well (with a bigger turbo anyway..).

spool up would increase w/ free flowing exhaust. Less backpuressure on the trubo allow it to spool faster. not that we have any problem spooling the stock trubo anyway.

Downpipe and cat are going on this week. then 2.5" catback and some Super trubo's. I want somthing the flows very well and is quiet. This is going to be my sleeper!

RedZ

Impressive #s with your mods! Was your peak torque due to a boost spike? I'd really like to see the dyno graph.

I have 3" exhaust on my Dodge Shadow ES turbo. I'm using a Dynomax Ultraflo, and no catylitic converter. It isn't very loud at all! I'm glad I didn't go with the Superturbo. You can hear my Shadow mp3s on my website.

http://www.captaineleven.com/jerm/

I'd really like to see the dyno graph.

I don't think the boost spiked. I don't see any indication on eather HP or TQ curves that there was a boost spike. just a straight curve and boost pulled consitantly through the pull. Stock chip would have been pissed if it boost spiked and went over ~9.xpsi and hit fuel cutoff correct?

I took a pic of it w/ my digi cam. the pic sucks but it gives you a idea of the curve.

whats your e-mail addy? I also have pics of my intake.

Shane

I would tune it via AFC on a dyno w/ a Wideband O2. I am definatly watching the mixture, i don't feel like doing a rebuild yet ;)

Shane

I was actually referring to the Auto-Meter guage you mount in the car to monitor your air/fuel ratio while you drive. Neat little guage! :) :) :)

From what I have seen in the past, guys are getting only fair dyno numbers running stock, but if you are not doing the run in 3rd gear, then those are not true values. 1st and 2nd gear in the tranny are lower than direct 1 to 1 or 3rd gear and those lower gears will multiply the dyno readings (looks great) to higher values than the engine is actually making. Not such a bad thing really as those multiplied values are still being used on the road to accelerate our cars, just those numbers off the dyno will make it hard to compare with stock and other dyno’d TGP values.

Jeff M

Guest TurboSedan
did you make already make a custom downpipe or?

joshua

Not yet. parts came in sat afternoon. So sometime this week i am going to built he DP.

Shane

that's for the stock T25 right? or are you going so far as to get a T3 or something else in there?

just wondering, how does your TGP hold up to your Z34 or Lumina? have you raced any of them side by side yet?

joshua

It seems that a lot of TGP's have high torque stock, higher than GM ever rated it. Maybe it's because of running not running it in 3rd like was said. How much would it affect the #'s?

did you make already make a custom downpipe or?

joshua

Not yet. parts came in sat afternoon. So sometime this week i am going to built he DP.

Shane

that's for the stock T25 right? or are you going so far as to get a T3 or something else in there?

just wondering, how does your TGP hold up to your Z34 or Lumina? have you raced any of them side by side yet?

joshua

this will be for a stock setup. My monte is ripped apart, and the lumina will kill the TGP.

Shane

Are you sure there isn't some torque multiplication going on here? What RPM did you make peak torque? If it was below your stall speed, than it probably wasn't accurate.

Have any 5spd 3.1L turbo equipped cars ever been dyno'd?

Guest TurboSedan

yes - Eclipse5302 dyno'd his and he came up with this:

Dyno 9-21-2002 - 202HP, 275FT lbs @ wheels (180,000 miles on the motor--Since been removed)

i copied and pasted that from his site i hope that's ok Jason....

i think he even posted a pic of his dyno graph on this msg board somewhere...

joshua