paint color

SiNNERZ34

Since I need a crapload of bodywork, I decided ah what the hell I'll get it repainted. Problem is, I hate hate HATE white. Absolutely dislike it. But now I can't decide what color to paint it. Interior is almost done, just waiting for seats and carpet. Since anything pretty much goes with black, I don't have to worry about colors clashing with my old burgandy interior any more.

Here's the ideas I've come up with:

Solid gloss black like my first w-body :biggrin:

Solid matte black for old school hot rod mojo

Maui blue with white racing stripes ('70 Chevelle SS style stripes)

Silver with black racing stripes

If I go silver or blue, I'd put some matching accents inside (dash strip, shifter plate). Opinions or suggestions?

I'd go with silver with the black stripes. IMO, neutral/dark colors like silver help accentuate the lines of most Ws, especially Zs. Bright colors seem to make them look abnormally small/short.

I was gonna say black, but like stated above, it is a bitch to keep clean. I would go for the silver with the black stripes. Is red an option? :smile:

Kyle

IMHO Id stay away from black. Its the hardest color to keep clean and it shows every imperfection.

But when it's done right...... there's nothing that can compare. Besides, black hides body panel gaps. :biggrin:

IMHO Id stay away from black. Its the hardest color to keep clean and it shows every imperfection.

But when it's done right...... there's nothing that can compare. Besides, black hides body panel gaps. :biggrin:

:werd: A just-polished and waxed black mirror-finish gives me a boner.

I got a 01 PT Cruiser (black) sitting in the bay which I'm gonna throw a coat of glaze on tomorrow. Can't wait!!

Why not a nice Saphire blue? DOesn't look as "watered down" as Maui Blue does.. (Sorry if you love it :lol: )

Well, black, silver, and maui blue were stock colors. If I go silver, it would be the factory silver with the black stripes. I guess I'm going for a stock but not stock paintjob if you know what I mean. Leaning towards the silver atm, but still undecided.

I dunno how it'd look, but just throwing an idea out... silver w/ matte black stripes maybe? Unless that's what u meant in the first place... either way, the car's gonna be sweet as hell once it's done.