1st gen W-body CD players??

Grand Moff Joseph

That one when it works though Chris, sounds AMAZING.. One thing to try is giving it a good smack to get it to read right away.. That always worked for me.. But after she heats up, works great..

btw..... my 93 vert has a working early type factory radio!!! (actually, I think it has never been used!)

did you ever get that plugged in and powered up? I wondered wether or not it would work, because it was in really nice condintion. I'd be interested to know if the cd player worked

thats correct the radio was loose in the dash at the time of purchase. it works like new... because it was never used!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! someone reinstalled the radio and kept their aftermarket one when the car was taken.

Me neither but I've found my cd player sounds a whole lot better then my cassette deck did (both stock units, tuned to the same radio station)

I don't doubt that in the least....but "amazing" and "stock w-body deck" don't go together at all

Well, hell.. WHen I am saying amazing, I am speaking from a factory point of view.. Im not saying it is like award winning sound or anything.. But when I had that Pontiac 5 band pushin those 4 stock speakers, it sounded real nice.. Better than the damn tape deck.. Better than that Din 2 Jensen I had picked up from ebay for 20 bucks :lol:

I put a tape deck from an 89 cutlass in mine to replace the CD player that didnt work. The Tape deck is way more powerful sounding than the CD Player ever was. And I have to say, that for a 18 year old deck, it actually sounds really damn good, even through an MP3 player and cassette adapter. There is no distortion of the highs, even when its loud. I know I'll probably get a BS flag or something :lol: but it actually does sound really good. The 5 band makes a world of difference over the Bass Treb that the CD deck had.

Well yeah, an EQ deck is gonna sound better than a Bass/Treble deck. It's just when you crank it, it'll distort much easier. The amp can't handle all that much.