04 Impala Speakers

losman7

I have an 04 Impala with the stock amp, i was wondering if i could change the stock speakers and use aftermarket speakers with the stock headunit and amp.

I think you can. I was thinking about doing the same thing and a local audio shop said that I wouldn't be pushing enough power out of the stock amp to power the aftermarket speakers like they should be. I have the Monsoon system in my GP

You should be fine as long as you stick with coaxials. I wouldn't try running components off of the stock amp :wink: .

You can also hook up an aftermarket HU to the stock amp and it will still work fine.

Components or bust!

I wouldn't even bother replacing your factory speaker with co-ax, cause the sound difference isn't gonna be that much. I've heard 04 Impala speakers and they don't sound that bad...

If you want improvement, get a seperate power amp that has speaker inputs (high level inputs??) and run some components.

Components or bust!

I wouldn't even bother replacing your factory speaker with co-ax, cause the sound difference isn't gonna be that much. I've heard 04 Impala speakers and they don't sound that bad...

If you want improvement, get a seperate power amp that has speaker inputs (high level inputs??) and run some components.

I have to agree. That would be your best bet.

Components or bust!

100% agreed. The stock Impy speakers sound great compared to most non-Bose GM speakers. They could use a bit more in the "high-range" area, but a set of coaxials definitely won't solve that issue.

High-end or bust, for sure.

If you need any help in removing your door panels, visit http://www.impalahq.com . The site has a write-up on how to get at your door speakers :wink: ...

• 1 month later...

Thats for sure. My 04 impala stock speakers were great, of course cranking them at the levels i listen to music, i still didnt get the level of clarity i wanted to be at. As far as speakers, If your still running the stock HU and stock amp, its pointless to replace your speakers. Stock amps and stock amps go hand and hand as their made to work together. Replacing the HU and replacing the speakers would help alot , but still not going to get HIGH class sound. This is because the stock amp basically works against you when it comes to tuning the stereo. You can definately get it to sound good, but the best way to go, is replace HU, replace speakers, and either bypass stock amp, or just put in a new amp. which is what i did. :)

sounds good right (97loudcut)

sounds decent

I would bypass the stock amp and buy a new HU and speakers and let it purrrr.

my 6x9's are not hooked up to an amp and they sound great.

as soon as you break anything up in the factory system it will not sound good IMO, replace 1 thing with aftermarket = replace it all my 2 pennies...

this is the exact reason i havent touched my montes stereo yet, for factory i am very pleased with its performance, i had $2500 worth of stereo in my buick and yeah i miss the bass but my monte is no slouch as far as factory systems are concerned

Well the stock systems that the factory uses have come a LONG way. They actually sound pretty good! Although nothing compared to a good quality aftermarket company.

Honestly, I prolly spent about $300 on Infinity speakers for my car, and I dont even use them anymore. I took the front ones out completely because the Componet set sounds soooo good. And the rear I just turned off because no one is ever in the back seat.

Im for the Component set as well. If you buy that and a good amp that will power them, you wont need anything else. Maybe rear speakers for rear fill ( which really isnt needed all the time ) and a sub if you prefer to have.

Atleast this is the case with me...