• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kuntzie

• z284pwr

• futuretgper

• Garrett Powered

how fast does this turbo spool compared to stock' date=' it ball bearing right?? are you running stock bottom end?

[/quote']

the turbo hits 8 psi quick, maybe 500 rmps slower then stock, less i think though. yes its a ball bering turbo, i cant believe how long the turbo spins after the car is turned off, and how easily it spins by hand. stock top and bottom end right now... if it blows it blows in my opinion, shit happens if it does. then ill be more careful next time. I WILL hit 12s with this car, on stock top and bottom end (no top end swap) with upgraded internals. also after talking with cartuning, I may be upgrading to a 6-speed in the distant future

Holy crap your TGP is gonna be fast. Hell it already is fast. You must spend like every penny you get on that thing lol

never got out to the track last week, i have a weekend full of track fun and shows this weekend though......

the TB is a FDP i believe.

ok an update.....

the turbo is getting alot stronger now as 4 psi seems about the same power as 11.5 on the old snail. i was running it at like 10.5 psi and it was causing me serious issues (like no reving up the car just punching it in 1st) and leaving 2 about 15 ft rubber marks on the ground, with a little empty patch and then another few feet (from going into second) so ya i turned the boost down to 8 psi, and alll i can say is that its at the point where i feel a little scared, with a stopwatch and some straight ground my 0-100 time was 13.6 seconds, but there is some room for error, and better traction

1st gear is actually alot better now suprisingly enough, 2nd gear is sortof usleess (unless i start in second) one i get into 3rd (~50MPH) the car gets up to 105 (the end of 4th) insainly fast, definitly a noticable difference for sure

anyways..... looking at the specs of my car, really there isnt that much done performance wise, and I KNOW there is still way more the engine can take (tried it at 14.5 psi really slow in 1st and 2nd, got it into 3rd aand squeeled the tires) took it like a champ though

this will be a 12 second car, on stock bottom and top end, and no bottle (nos) either. my prediction now for the weekend (and not just one run either... at least 3 within .2 seconds) 13.53@104 < that ones for Jud ;)

like i said before, the tranny in this thing really can take the power, im trying to kill it and it is strong as hell, i got a rebuilt tranny (284)and new clutch paiteintly waiting to be mated with the LG5, and eventually the 6 speed with get in there.

ya i do spend alot of money on this car lol

1300 for the turbo

2700 for the car

500 for rebuilt 284

650 for stage 2/3 bully clutch

300 ish for the interior swap (but got lots of spare parts still too)

300 suspention

120 for the injectors

80 ish on header wrap/ turbo blanket/ silicone heat coating

hey about 6000 isnt to bad

and just for clairifaction.... 13.53 on street tires... i talked/ messaged jud a few times, he said he wont be doing 1/4 mile anytime soon, so i i gotta give him a run for his money and get his ass out there and blow a few more trannies if he has to, to get him into 12s. in like 26 hours from now you will all now if i am in a good race with Jud, hes got the faster car i know, but until i see it on paper, (or a video)... ya a video of his would be sweet... i WILL take down his title if i go broke and even have to sell my computer for supporting mods :).......

thats right jud, im starting a rivalry from over 1600 miles away lol

ahhhh to be young again!! :willy_nilly:

Well I hope you do break into the 12's soon...because then that will prove my setup build to be in the 11's for sure! :wink: :twisted: :cool:

yup, i stay away from the bar, and get drunk at house paties instead, save some cash and it goes straight to the car fund lol...

and go for it kenny... 11s are definitly posssible, you gunna bo that on the stock upper and lower intakes??

thats my only thing, as said many times before, its not a "real" TGP in my mind unless its says 3.1 Intercooled turbo"

in 1 years time i will be in 12s no questions asked, and I will break 13.3 this summer.

some good news and some bad news

Previous Best (stock turbo at 11.5 psi) 14.3521@100.67

New Best

the gt2871r @ 10 PSI - 14.208@ 98 MPH

the gt2871r @ 5 PSI - 14.030@92MPH

i was having some gripping issues at 10 psi (not just tires either)i definitly need to replace that clutch for better times. the car is way faster then that, i only got a few runs in (5) the 2nd run i hit a 15.13 on 0 PSI the turbo to intercooler pipe came loose on my shift into 3rd. my fist time at this track and the starting blocks are alot different

all the rest of my runs were 14.15 and 14.3 (@5-7 psi)

the bad news is i didnt hit 13s, ill get some diferent tires for upfront and put the otherones back in the rear

wow you must have hooked up like a beast on the 14.0 run...only 92mph in the trap!!! thats weird that your traps went down....do you think you actually lost hp? was it alot warmer out this time??

i hit 100 MPH on runs too.... the track is preped differently then the other one i usually go to. not really anywarmer, and definitly didnt lose hp (from abut 2500 rpms in 2nd i punch it and leave rubber on the ground, i couldnt do that before, it used to just break loose , but never as crazy as it is now). but all my runs this time i started in 1st gear not 2nd like usual, could be why the trap speeds are lower.

ya will the lower boost the car hooked excellent, a 1.96 60' ON street tires... that aint bad in my opinion, all the rest were pretty crappy 60'

anyways i should definitly be in 13s at the track i usually go to, at 5 psi i mean.

the 14.030 run

1/8 mile 8.894

1/8 MPH 74.83 MPH

^ very weird #s i know, slower trap all around, faster times though

on the 14.3

60' was 2.27

1/8 mile 9.241

1/8 mPH 78

hopefully ill get out to the track this weekend (to st thomas where i usually go) to get some better/ more accurate #s

the 14.030 run

1/8 mile 8.894

1/8 MPH 74.83 MPH

^ very weird #s i know, slower trap all around, faster times though

on the 14.3

60' was 2.27

1/8 mile 9.241

1/8 mPH 78

hopefully ill get out to the track this weekend (to st thomas where i usually go) to get some better/ more accurate #s

Thats perfectly normal, you must not be a seasoned drag racer?

This is how it goes...

If you have a good launch, you will have a killer E.T. for the MPH, and if you have a crappy launch, you will have a killer MPH for the E.T.

So, you had a 2.27 60ft, but had killer top end and trapped 100....

Then a killer 60ft, gained .3 E.T. but slowed down...

Hay Jeff, your getting closer good work to run your 14.0's. :cheers: Man your 60' really need some improvement. :sad:are you running drag radials? If not they should get you into the 2.0's

Keep on trucking. Your new targets are 1.90 60' and 8.49 1/8. When you get close I'll go run the 1/4 mile to see how we stack up. :smile:

Jud

thanks jud, i could have ran some better tiimes but the clutch was on its way out. did you notice i had a 1.96 60' on the 14.030 run?? and yes that was street tires. that was definitly a fluke though lol. i got a new set of tires for the fronts once again as i felt the ones that were on the rear wernt good enough. i got a set of 255- 45- 16 Kuhmo's whitch fit perfect in the wheel well.

once the new clutch is in, and the rebuilt tranny (no more 2nd gear starts needed) i should get some better times.

I would also suggest getting an LSD too if you are redoing your trans, you will kick yourself in a ass after its together if you don't. Even if it does mean holding off a bit on a rebuild, I would suggest, my dad did this on his trans, waited a bit for a new 1st/2nd gear setup for his Turbo-400, expensive and required a longer wait, but well worth it in the end....

the tranny i got is already rebuilt, meaning my tranny is comming out and the rebuilt one is going in. the syncros?(sp) are shot in 2nd gear, and makes for a slow shift into second, as well as not being able to downshift into 2nd if going above 25MPH. since im changing the clutch, i might as well put it in now. i will get pictures up of my stage 3 clutch kit and the rebuilt tranny, as well as a step by step guide on installing a new clutch

How exactly do you put a LSD into a TH400??? :razz: Besides, you can rebuild getrag 284s.

No no, I think you mis read, I was using an example of waiting an extra bit to get the better part...

It got a new 1st/2nd gear planetary I believe it was, for a higher 1st/2nd gear....

Since he already has the trans rebuilt, no use pulling it apart to put one in, oh well :frown:

So are you pulling the engine and the trans or just dropping the trans?