Well.... I'm not sure yet, but.....

warwgn3

it failed its 5th test. NOx reading was 739. it got worse from 490, with a limit of 408 on the driving test. it passed everything else.

I had the throttle body cleaned, I cleaned the EGR, I put a new cat on it, gave it an oil change, and put 2 bottles of Guaranteed To Pass in it, and its still failing!!! I'm running out of ideas here!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• warwgn3

• THe_DeTAiL3R

• GnatGoSplat

• jeremy

I dunno if this would work, but i heard of a guy that shoved a bunch of steel wool into his exaust before getting a car tested. Apparently it worked. :dunno: I mean, theoretically, it should. More restriction = less exaust flow = less emissions into the air, rght??

I dunno if this would work, but i heard of a guy that shoved a bunch of steel wool into his exaust before getting a car tested. Apparently it worked. :dunno: I mean, theoretically, it should. More restriction = less exaust flow = less emissions into the air, rght??

LMAO that's a great idea! :lol: It would at least catch some of the crap from the exaust I would think...

My guess is that it would act like a catylytic converter by heating up cherry red and then burning off any unburned fuel.

Well I took The Lumina to a shop that not only E-tests, but also does repairs. They called me, and said that the timing is advanced by one tooth, and is causing the engine to run lean, and fail the NOx. Fixing that is about an $800 job. So I don't know what I'm going to do. I told them I'll call them back and let them know. I told my brother, and he's going to talk to his friend who sold me the car.

I'm at my wits end with the car. I think that the end is near