Front Bumber Dirt

LumiDriver

I finally removed the front license plate bracket on my Lumina. Of course, since I live in Indiana, I don't need a front license plate unlike Illinois :D. Its ungodly dirty under there. I tried some car wash and a heavy rag (not abrasive, dont want to hurt the car) and then I even tried power washing it at 1400 PSI and this dirt will not come off. Anyone have any ideas on how to remove this dirt, I can get pictures up later this week if anyone wants to see what the dirt looks like after soap, rag, and power washing. Thanks. This dirt is evil :willynilly:

clay bar it

I'm not a detail pro, but if you have a buffer and claybar it really well, it should come off. You might try PMing C-Bad if you can't figure something out.

I'd like to see this dirt...

Claybar might work... or you might be better off getting some cheap Mother's rubbing compound and polish, which goes deeper into the paint.

I finally removed the front license plate bracket on my Lumina. Of course, since I live in Indiana, I don't need a front license plate unlike Illinois :D. Its ungodly dirty under there. I tried some car wash and a heavy rag (not abrasive, dont want to hurt the car) and then I even tried power washing it at 1400 PSI and this dirt will not come off. Anyone have any ideas on how to remove this dirt, I can get pictures up later this week if anyone wants to see what the dirt looks like after soap, rag, and power washing. Thanks. This dirt is evil :willynilly:

cmon man chill out with the whole illinois thing..lol

i never thought it was good to have a dirty bumber. a shower could fix that.

but seriously to clean it, use gas to get the loose dirt off it, wash it, then use rubbing compound to shine it up then wax.