i got a problem and dont know how to fix it? HELP!

1988-5speedse

when i start the car it back fires and it dies when i get it started it runs fine but when it gets over 3400 rpm it starts spuddering and cutting out dont have a clue as why it is doing that if any one knows let me know it has the 2.8 in it if that is any help

Could be crank sensor too. Do you know if your gettin spark? If you are gettin spark, then its prolly a coil or ICM. If you arent gettin spark, its prolly the crank sensor. If neither one of those, fuel pump. (Its in the gas tank, so you better hope thats not it)

Robby

well guys guess what i got it to stop back firing as bad i am gettitng fire on all the coils xcept one and i found this out by changing the spark plugs and wires it has helped it out a lot and i am going to morrow to get all new coil packs and replace them thaks a lot guys

just a heads up, if the new coil packs dont fix it, then the Ignition Control Module or ICM (the thing the coils plug into) could be bad. Just letting ya know what may or may not be ahead

Robby