Tar removal tip to share...

1990lumina

Hey guys...I just got in from cleaning tar off my Dad's Taurus...my sister drove it through like 6 feet of fresh oil at highway speeds....needless to say it was ALL OVER the left side of the car....

Her'es something I discovered and want to share..

Take a Mr. Cleaner Magic Eraser, immerse in water as per the directions. Coat the area to my cleaned with Tar Remover/gas, whatever you use. Also immerse, or spray a shit load of tar remover/gas into the magic eraser.

Start rubbing the hell out of the area to be cleaned. I found the tar comes off in one or two firm strokes. After I washed the side, and rewaxed it.

Maybe this will helpful for others..

That thing is the best invention for cleaning EVER. I have a case load here in my house :lol:

As do I. However they don't seem to make it past 1 cleaning. Using it on my rims will barely last for all 4. Maybe I'm just too hard on the damn thing. I also noticed the eraser seems to have a max capacity for dirt because it eventually starts mudding up what you are trying to clean

Yeah I usually destroy them quite fast...but hell, I'll keep buying them since they work so well!! There are crazy what they clean....used one the door handle in my car's Acura...it was a little dirty and shit in the textured plastic...couple wipes with that eraser, BRAND NEW...

How much do these things cost? If I got oil on a car I'd just spray degreaser on it, scrub it with a dirty brush, and powerwash it... repeat a couple times then wash it with proper carwash.

How much do these things cost? If I got oil on a car I'd just spray degreaser on it, scrub it with a dirty brush, and powerwash it... repeat a couple times then wash it with proper carwash.

I dunno I paid $2 for a box of 4

Interesting. I have some tar residue on the lower portions of my back bumper. Stupid 'tards decided to pave some random backroad in the middle of nowhere on the exact day that I happened to randomly travel down it....

I dunno coat the bumper with tar on it with tar remover, but don't let it die. Then spray some into the eraser and go to town....who knows....the eraser probably doesn't do too much since the tar remover breaks everything down :shrug: the same result can probably be achieved with a regular sponge or cloth...

I'll have to find out what I used at the dealership the other day. One of our 2006 Impala rental cars suffered the same as your dad's Taurus, but on both sides and the back.

I just used the cleaner they gave me and a soft blue rag and it wiped right off after 2 passes.