Jeff M. TGP chips

Addicted To Boost

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, :redface: but I haven't found it under the search topic option, so here it goes: Which one of Jeff M's TGP chips gets the best gas mileage? I'm kinda curious as the gas prices are creeping toward the $3.00 mark. :eek: :willynilly: Thanks

just buy the top gun 160 ..... drive it nicely if u can resist it, you should get good gas mileage. then at least u can punh it when u want to

ALSO- I hear Dave/ Invasion1 does some awsome work.. im sure he could make u a custom chip made specificly for your needs for a good price

the hotter the motor runs, the less gas it uses. but dont worry about the mileage, power is what really matters :twisted: just baby it and drive slow and it will save on gas. or put cheaper gas in and dont floor it ever. cant you run regular with no problems, just a slight loss of performance? I never tried it, I usually add octane boosters on every fill-up.

Do you have the TB heater hooked up still? thats a fuel economy type thing I believe. you could get skinny tires, pump them up a lot. run thinner synthetic 5w50 weight oil.

I heard of the 180, but never seen it on any cars recently.

Yeah I was wondering about that- jeff has a few different temperature chips and usually the hotter it is, the better the mileage, to a point: like the stock chip runs wayy too hot.

I haven't seen the 180 chip- maybe a typo? I know he makes the TG160, the 195, and the drivability chips.

actually the oil you want is 5w 30 or 10w 30, not 5w 50 because its thicker. the driveability chip is what your after I think.

Yeah I think you're right, Kuntzie "Drive it nicely if you can resist it" with the Tpogun 160 chip, that way I can have the performance when I want it :twisted: and if I want gas mileage, just drive it nice; or try to anyway lol :lol:

The chip that Thomas bought for the TSTE is a 180*F chip. Runs the same thermostat as the 160...but fan on off temps are different.

I will sell you the 180*F chip I have that was in the TSTE for $150...it is just sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

Now it is funny because I have always thought that a hotter engine will burn less gas...yet I picked up 2-3 MPH average when I put a 170* (I made it) T-stat in the TGP. Now that also has alot to do with the fuel tables in that chip now, but the moment I put in the 170* T-stat with the fuel settings it picked up that mileage.

I am REAL curious to see what mileage I get out of it when the new injectors go in and it is tweaked to them being all nice and new and balanced! :eek:

My TGP averages 28-30 MPG on the highway and I normally cruise at 80MPH on the highways out here. Around town when I am hunting RICE...don't ask what the mileage is! :willynilly: :lol:

Yeah I think you're right, Kuntzie "Drive it nicely if you can resist it" with the Topgun 160 chip, that way I can have the performance when I want it :twisted: and if I want gas mileage, just drive it nice.:lol: I guess that works.

The TSTE with the 180 chip would get about 26-28 MPG on the highway and that was with a Jeff made T-stat. Around town with me it was worse obviously....but when the wife drives the car she will get about 350 miles per 14 gallon fill-up and she only drives around town.

What kind of gas mileage are you guys getting with your Topgun 160 chips?

When I first got my Topgun chip my STE got 33mpg on the freeway. Many many mods later it still pulls off around 25mpg on the freeway. It needs a tuneup and has a few other issues causing the lower mileage as well.

Thanks for the info guys! ;) :flamingdevil:[br]Posted on: May 04, 2006, 07:40:41 PM_________________________________________________By the way, where did Jeff M. go? :dunno: It seems like he disappeared off the face of the earth! Does anybody know where he is?[br]Posted on: May 04, 2006, 09:32:15 PM_________________________________________________Does anyone know? :dunno:

Hopefully he comes back soon; :eek: I'm gonna need some parts for the TGP next month.[br]Posted on: May 08, 2006, 06:01:02 PM_________________________________________________Anyone know where he went? :dunno:

Nope. What parts do you need?

:rolleyes: :lol:

Been unable to maintain the same and have been making a change, for myself this time :surprised: Instead of all the usual list:

Researching info and parts that people need to get repaired, upgraded and such.

Getting the parts and shipping them out.

Lengthy and repeated emails helping troubleshoot owner's problems (and contemplate thier many ideas :cool:) which is 100 fold more than the amount of posts I have ever done and is always on-going :willynilly:.

Working on cars here since too many know I can tune a wrench :lol:

Working on future package projects such as turbo upgrade kits and such.

Many other activities that eat up time so fast its hard to remember.

So taking a break after about 7 years of non-stop running, and I have finally gotten to do some of what has been backing up and waiting for me to get to, that being items like my cars and other projects :smile:. So, at the same pace as I all too often do working on the above list, meaning pulling all-nighters (up for 48 hours sleep for 8) I have been getting a ton done, just pulled 3 all-nighters in 1.5 weeks and sure there will be a few more, I am about to believe its more to the way my mind needs to run at, and no I don't drink coffee (or take other drugs) as coffee slows me down :razz: So first time taking a wrench to my truck in 6 years the engine is out and completely apart (T69 turbo equipped truck :twisted:) as well as many other parts getting the engine bay cleaned out and ready for some paint and re-doing all the wire looms that GMC smashed all up against the fire wall and behind enough stuff you can never get around back there. That was a month ago and have been onto other cars so now have a decent stereo in my TSTE; Eclipse CD7000 with Sirius and GPS like Davis's very cool Turbo Cutty, and the dash now has speakers in the faux opening there, as well as 15 more speakers all the way across the defrost vent opening :confused: which is somewhat of a center channel idea that really worked better than I had hoped, and a little digital 4x150 amp that fits sloppy (plenty of room) under the passenger's seat feeding the dash and doors, and an Image Dynamics 10 inch crammed into the rear seat opening....sounds odd and looks a bit that way too but worked out so I don't lose trunk space, fed 400 watts min, and some standard rear fill 6x9s, last....15 farads of cap to help as well as 160 amp alternator and all power and ground wires greatly increased including a ground kit and power conditioner. Very odd is having time to, and having one of my Grand Prixs running/finished, so that I can wax it, sounds strange but its been 7 years since I had a car I liked to wax other than the wife's car which is always waxed. Well better shut the hell up, every time I open my mouth I get 50 emails and have 50 replies or more for a reward :lol: Thanks so much guys for cutting me lose, and in letting me steal into this topic :redface: I sure would not ingratiate myself with a topic just on my stupid life :lol:

Jeff M

oh yea, you got a Typhoon huh. no more mitsu turbo?

put me on the list for the turbo upgrade kit! Garrett wants $979 for a factory overhauled turbo. they say that my core is worth 78 dollars. so when I go back down to Oregon Fuel Injection today I was going to ask if they can modify it at least. they can build them in house for cheaper $850(not much cheaper) maybe do a T-3 wheel? It needs a center section.

oh yea, you got a Typhoon huh. no more mitsu turbo?

put me on the list for the turbo upgrade kit! Garrett wants $979 for a factory overhauled turbo. they say that my core is worth 78 dollars. so when I go back down to Oregon Fuel Injection today I was going to ask if they can modify it at least. they can build them in house for cheaper $850(not much cheaper) maybe do a T-3 wheel? It needs a center section.

Why not just get a NEW GT2871R for that price

OMG, thats what I looked into yesterday! I got plans for a BAD ASS build goming up! some new shop in town here (new to me) called Garage 808, its right across the street from Oregon Fuel injection, and the owner mostly works on turbo hondas and acuras. he said gt2871rs are only like $750 new and I got friends that are all into fabricating now (plus all you guys :smile:) so future is looking brite for both cars. there is an engine building shop next door. the industrial park there has just been crawling with every turbo car imaginable. every 2 minutes a car whistles by :biggrin:. the stainless fab shop owner's kid is friends with me too cause they do all the stainless for my deli, and his grand national whales on all those rice cars :lol:.

But that garage 808 had a dyno there and we were doing 3rd gear pulls, found out my cars running pig rich. :sad: I am starting to think its time for another look at the motor. runs soooo good, cant believe its running so rich. for those that dont know, I got all new: turbo,x-over,egr tube so rule that out. but I also got 177,xxx miles, a questionable cam with a lot of hard miles, and stock exhaust with cat gone. It dyno'd at 185 hp at 4850 rpms, 228 tq at 3800 rpms, (wheel power). I might go back and try it with the 1 wire O2 sensor and new spark plugs, see if that makes a difference. OH, and also found out the driver side wheel's slightly bent and almost bouncing on the dyno wheel! WTF!

ALL properly operating LG5's RUN RICH! Jeff M chip or not. When you have A/F ratios as rich as 10.2:1 when under boost in the PE tables it will run rich. :cool:

Here's my two cents for the day... since I know nothing on the topic I have only one thing to offer to this post its how to make a degrees symbol: hold alt while keying in 0176 on the number pad and boom you got a degrees symbol... So now you can say 185° instead of 185*. Aren't I just a plethora of knowledge today?