HVAC Console Lights

91GranSport

The lights on my HVAC console no longer light up. How do I replace the bulbs? I haven't even taken the console apart so any tips on how to remove it would be appreciated. I have a '91 Regal GS. I'm sure everyone must be familiar with the HVAC console that GM has used on many vehicles. By the way, my console has passenger-side temperature controls. I believe the front faux wood trim panel comes off with a flathead screwdriver, and then there are bolts that would hold the console into place.

Just info:

I got a Radio head unit for my 91 Regal as part of a premiun cassette upgrade and the lights were out. I ripped my old one apart and as memory befits me...They are little bulbs which are soldered into the printed circuit board.

One started working and I could see well enough so I haven't tried to replace them.

Odds are that the heater/air is the same way. They are a matching size and the lighting seems the same.

Lee

Thanks for the info. You're right, they are soldered into the circuit board. I tore apart the console today hoping to find out what went wrong. Looks like the bulbs may be to be replaced. Do you know if there is any way to replace them? Also, is there any way to completely remove the front piece from the back? I mean, I can't separate the two pieces because the sliding knob prevents the front face from coming off. If there's no real way to replace it then I'll just leave it as it is. Thanks.