"Ben" chip question

dalejw3

Ive got that damn obd 1.5 B.S. in my 95 Monte LS (as they all are). I was wondering if any of the Ben chips would work w/ the 3100. Ive got a few supporting mods(bored .030, heads shaved .010, FWI, 3400 TB) that i think a chip would bring out more. Thanks.

can't you just swap over to a OBD2 computer and harness? i mean its just a computer... so if the sensor locations are the same and the sensors are the same then you should have no problem doing that... unless im totally off my rocker here??

can't you just swap over to a OBD2 computer and harness? i mean its just a computer... so if the sensor locations are the same and the sensors are the same then you should have no problem doing that... unless im totally off my rocker here??

thats not a bad thought!

I know in 96 the temp sensors changed...

there have one 3 prong sensor, instead of 2 two-prong ones. but thats easy enough.

the thing that kills me is I can't get my engine codes withoug paying on both the 94 and 95 cs.

would an obd 2 upgrade correct that?

thats not a bad thought!

I know in 96 the temp sensors changed...

there have one 3 prong sensor, instead of 2 two-prong ones. but thats easy enough.

the thing that kills me is I can't get my engine codes withoug paying on both the 94 and 95 cs.

would an obd 2 upgrade correct that?

If you want to know about an obd II swap look here, far too much work for my taste....

http://mymonte.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=7610&highlight=odbii

Manitcor says 300-500 dollars parts.....thats alot compared to retuning the computer

No, i only have the ability to do 94-95 DOHC cars as they have a chip still. 94-95 3100 are fucked, period. Probably forever. Its an oddball code that has little market share and probably uses a different programmer than OBD2. Switch to OBD1 or OBD2 and you can tune it. Sorry for the bad news but I am glad I saw this thread.

No, i only have the ability to do 94-95 DOHC cars as they have a chip still. 94-95 3100 are fucked, period. Probably forever. Its an oddball code that has little market share and probably uses a different programmer than OBD2. Switch to OBD1 or OBD2 and you can tune it. Sorry for the bad news but I am glad I saw this thread.

Thanks for clearing this up Ben.

Yup, thanks.....

Thanks for posting Ben. I thought that's how it was but I still had a glimmer of hope...it's gone now. lol

Moving to OBD-II is more of a bitch than I think most of you guys can even comprehend.

Just ask OldSkoolGP..

It was a little involved (I helped him out a little) but the biggest problem he had was getting the 284 to work with the Automatic programing. If he had the 4T65 it would have been a lot easier. At least from the tuning part.