TGP Fuel Pump ??

TGPilot

I called NAPA and they have the fuel pump listed as the same pump for vin "V" and "T". Is the fuel pump the same for the n/a GP and the TGP? I can get the stock replacement from GM for $95...Walbro 255 L\hr HP for $105 and $68 for the NAPA pump. Who knows for sure what the answer is please! 8)

Well looking up the 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix in the GMpartsdirect Alternate catalog it shows vin "V" and "T" and 4 cylinder as the same part number... 25163463

FUEL PUMP

Add to Cart Application Part Number View Graphic

In-Line4 25163463

V6,Normally Aspirated 25163463

V6,Turbocharger 25163463

I AM SO CONFUSED!!! :think:

Guest Anonymous

Just about all parts sites list them as the same parts. I got those part #'s out of a GM Parts and Illustration Catolog for 1988-1992.

This book shows part #25116161 for the '89 2.8, '89-'90 3.1 and the '90 2.3.

The'89-'90 turbo shows the part #25116053.

http://www.acdelco.com shows part # EP375.

They show a different number for the n/a 3.1 also.

Guest TurboSedan

Advance Auto listed two different fuel pumps for the '90 TGP VIN 'V'. then i had them look up the fuel pump part # for a '90 L98 Corvette and one of the part #'s matched so i bought that one. i think it was like $69. the fuel pump went right in with no problems and seems to work great. it is made by a company called Masters. when i replace my fuel tank sending unit i'm going to go to a Walbro 255. good luck replacing the fuel pump.....it was a real PITA to do (although i did it all by myself).

joshua

Will the Walbro 255 unit work in a 91 Z34? does anyone know? :? :) :)

yes it will. the 255 is more then a N/A DOHC will ever need. but if your going to boost it then i would recomend the Walbro 255LPH HP.

RedZ

yes it will. the 255 is more then a N/A DOHC will ever need. but if your going to boost it then i would recomend the Walbro 255LPH HP.

RedZ

Thats what I wanted to know. thanx :) :)

RedZ

Thats what I wanted to know. thanx :) :)

Cool. BTW I am running my stock DOHC pump on my L67 swap and it seems to be doing good so far on 11psi :) so the DOHC pump is fairly decent to start with.

RedZ

Yes...got the fuel pump from Pontiac...$162 retail thank God I know people there...$78 my cost!! :wink:

AC Delco Part number on the box is 25163463. There are 3 different pumps listed under this part number as it shows above. You must specify which one you need as there are 3 different internal setups according to the service manager and parts manager at Pontiac. Make sure for any of you who decide to replace with stock...there are 8 different strainers for this style fuel pump....you will need to look at the bar code tag on the fuel pump wiring pigtail for the proper replaicement strainer.

Put it in and it works great!! I will be going to Bandimere Dragway this weekend weather permitting for some times!! 8)

Yes...got the fuel pump from Pontiac...$162 retail thank God I know people there...$78 my cost!! :wink:

AC Delco Part number on the box is 25163463. There are 3 different pumps listed under this part number as it shows above. You must specify which one you need as there are 3 different internal setups according to the service manager and parts manager at Pontiac. Make sure for any of you who decide to replace with stock...there are 8 different strainers for this style fuel pump....you will need to look at the bar code tag on the fuel pump wiring pigtail for the proper replaicement strainer.

Put it in and it works great!! I will be going to Bandimere Dragway this weekend weather permitting for some times!! 8)

You want to come do one on my soon to be TGP? I am getting her this weekend and she supposably needs a pump :)

BTW: if you do come down to put in the pump feel free to put my other 2 pumps in my other cars :) (doing a Walbro 255LPH HP on all 3 cars.) Its going to be rough having 4 boosted cars in my garage (4 car garage +shop)!

* Turbo 2001 Type R integra

* Turbo Monte Carlo Z34 LQ1

* Turbo '90 Grand Prix

* Supercharged Lumina Z34 L67

Life is rough! :lol:

RedZ

Guest TurboSedan

[quote="RedZMonteYou want to come do one on my soon to be TGP? I am getting her this weekend and she supposably needs a pump :)

BTW: if you do come down to put in the pump feel free to put my other 2 pumps in my other cars :) (doing a Walbro 255LPH HP on all 3 cars.) Its going to be rough having 4 boosted cars in my garage (4 car garage +shop)!

* Turbo 2001 Type R integra

* Turbo Monte Carlo Z34 LQ1

* Turbo '90 Grand Prix

* Supercharged Lumina Z34 L67

Life is rough! :lol:

RedZ

whoa, you have a TGP now?! is it an TSTE or TGP coupe? i just changed my fuel pump and i could help you out if you want....it's a much easier job with 2 people trust me....the real bitch is getting the tank in place while reinstalling the straps and putting the bolts back in. i bought an SUV jack just to do the job so i could get the car really high up. that really helped...i gotta redo the job all over again because i broke the fuel sender unit :( but at least i can get that Walbro 255 in there while i'm at it.

joshua

I charge $90 per hour so if you want me to do them no prob!! :lol: I put a 10 minute 1 mile warranty on all my work!! :lol:

You sound like the Chevy dealer here in Laramie!!

Tim

I charge $90 per hour so if you want me to do them no prob!! :lol: I put a 10 minute 1 mile warranty on all my work!! :lol:

You sound like the Chevy dealer here in Laramie!!

Tim

Yeah well after spending 2 hours under the car putting the damn pump in my car, the only way I would do another would be at $90/hour!! It isn't that bad....just a PITA:lol:

NO shyt. I got he car sat. sunday it was tore apart putting the new pump in. It took me about 4hrs to do.. I don't have all the tools i needed then i had to sifen the gas into my roomates kia so that i would be able to install the tank. It was full.. I just got the cheaper of the 2 pumps from advanced auto. it ended up being the correct one (2 pumps w/ different harnesses).

RedZ