help..... the reverse pettyedition effect wanted

kuntzie

my tgp has that weird 1989 2 piece radio/ casette and i want to wire my 1992 factory GP cd player to it.... all help appricated

thanks

kuntzie[br]Posted on: March 20, 2006, 12:45:49 AM_________________________________________________anyone???[br]Posted on: March 23, 2006, 03:05:00 PM_________________________________________________common :)

• 2 weeks later...

have fun, i have that same stero in my car and its a royal pain. You will somehow have to modify the stereo because .. well you have to take your glove box out, its 3 screws, and then you will see the factory amp. Its small and silver. You have to somehow get the wires from there to behind the deck. Its really messed up! Its hard enough to hook up a aftermarket in these cars, so with the stock to stock its gonna be harder. and even if you do it, you wont be able to fit it because the holes for the stero to sit in are too small for a factory deck like that... take it apart one day and you will see

pull the whole console out of a 90 GP and get both sides of the plug from the donor then just crimp it all in. also since the 90s dash can take a aftermarket deck you can do away with that split chassis and still have a cubby for your remote :mrgreen:[br]Posted on: April 06, 2006, 05:53:55 PM_________________________________________________

have fun, i have that same stero in my car and its a royal pain. You will somehow have to modify the stereo because .. well you have to take your glove box out, its 3 screws, and then you will see the factory amp. Its small and silver. You have to somehow get the wires from there to behind the deck. Its really messed up! Its hard enough to hook up a aftermarket in these cars, so with the stock to stock its gonna be harder. and even if you do it, you wont be able to fit it because the holes for the stero to sit in are too small for a factory deck like that... take it apart one day and you will see

WAIT, this guy just reminded me of the fact you can install a stereo completely all the way in the glove box and still shut the door. that is what I got actually, because I needed the stock area for this flippy thing I got.

no ross/ 92perryedition out the 2 piece radio in his car.... i put a tv/ dvd unit in the car instead already, i did get the cdplayer in there for about a few days...... and i changed the dash / interior to black from a 1992... so the support and eeverything were fine for the cd player