Turbo help please

caracer

I took the intercooler out and checked the oil return line as suggested in another post. The line was new 1 year ago and is still fine. I have lots of oil in the intercooler. I don't have the money to overhaul the turbo for a couple of months. Is there a way to disable it so the oil doesn't get into the itake system? It's my only transportation for now.

If you're getting oil into the intercooler you probably just have a bad seal on the shaft. Unless the center section is cracked, then you're kinda screwed.

These turbos are not hard to take apart, use the search function and I'm sure you can find the instructions and part numbers.

FWIW, I think the center section is the same on all T25 turbos, even those on the smaller 4 cylinder engines.

Joe

Small puddles of oil will be normal with the blow by that is pulled out of the engine circulating back through the system.

So how much oil are we talking here?

Do you have the breather vent on the engine going to the turbo intake hose?

Small puddles of oil will be normal with the blow by that is pulled out of the engine circulating back through the system.

not if you got an accumulater. I made one out of 2 breathers. still testing it so thats all for now....

I used ot have puddles of oil in my throttle body, I replaced the PCV and i dont have a drop of oil in the TB since, and its been a good 4-5 months scince i did it